Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3boys--TTC a GIRL for #4 *Got our BFP*First Ultrasound 9/21/12**NT Scan 10/1/12**Gender Scan 12/6/12**ITS A GIRL!!!!!*

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jen :) Im happily married and we have 3 Gorgeous Boys <3 We are TTC baby#4 and we are hoping and praying for a GIRL. We will be happy either way but figured we could sway things in our favor.. atleast alittle :) Ive heard almost everything out there but DH and I sat down and decided on which methods we were going to try..

We decided to start by timing my cycles.(Started charting July2011) My cycles were irregular every month but ovulated around the same day. I also decided to try the diet. I increased my calcium and lowered my salt intake. Also cut out red meat and potassium. We also tried position (shallow penetration) with no orgasm for myself. Lastly we decided to BD everyday after AF until 3.5-4days before ovulation with DH taking a hot shower before BD.

After 5months of charting we have officially tried for the first time this month! If it doesnt happen we will try again next month but we are still hoping for the best :)

My AF started Nov14th and ended Nov18th(CD1-CD5). We BD everyday but.. with no orgasm for me from Nov24th(CD11)-Nov29th(CD16). I recieved a +OPK on Dec3rd(CD20) at 8pm(tested multiple times that day). Temp.shift (increase/rise) Dec4th(CD21)with a -OPK Indicating ovulation took place on Dec3rd(CD20)(72-96hours after last BD).(Fertility Friend Charting). My temp keeps rising everyday.. Im currently on CD28--8DPO..

I will update when I get my AF or a +HPT :) <--First Attempt November14th-December16th, 2011 UPDATE made Dec17th in replies

*UPDATE made on January6th-13th in replies* <--Second Attempt December17th, 2011-January13th, 2012(6th month of charting)

*UPDATE for cycle#7 made Feb16th in replies <--January14th-Feb15th

*UPDATE for cycle#8 made March23rd <--Feb16th-March22nd

*UPDATE for cycle#9 made April27th <--March23rd-April25th

*Update for cycle#10 made June3rd <--April26th-June2nd

*Update for cycle#11 made July22nd <--June3rd-July4th

*UPDATE for cycle#12 made August6th in replies<--July5th-Aug3rd *Got our BFP* *EDD April 11th, 2013*

First Ultrasound-Vaginal U/S-baby measuring 11wks 1day-Heartbeat 160-Everything looks good :)

MORE ULTRASOUND PICTURES (NT SCAN) 10/1/12-Baby measuring right on at 12wks 4days-Heart rate was 160 and everything looks good :) -ABDOMINAL SCAN

**I will update when we find out the gender :) Tons of baby dust to all!!!**(Gender Scan set for December 6th, 2012)

*UPDATE* After 3boys.. WE GOT OUR GIRL!!!!!

Makayla Riley :)

*UPDATE April 15th Pg6--Newborn pics :)

by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM
Replies (51-60):
mom3bc
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats '

I had my DD after 3 boys 

no sway just prayed really hard 

connorsmama06
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Congrats! 

jenzachsam
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this

CONGRATS!  The pink dust worked!  I conceived Samara in November and had her on my birthday Aug 14th of this year.  

Jennifer2787
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Thank you and congrats to you as well :)

Quoting jenzachsam:

CONGRATS!  The pink dust worked!  I conceived Samara in November and had her on my birthday Aug 14th of this year.  

Allebas
by Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM

OP--that is SO AWESOME!!! YAYYYY!!!! :) CONGRATS!!! Girls are SO MUCH FUN to buy for!! I had FOUR wonderful boys and I told my DH I would try ONE LAST time for a girl. I told him if it was another boy, I was still done! The 2nd appt. at my OB/GYN she did the doppler and she said, "WOW!!" I said, "WHAT!" I thought something was wrong. She said, "I don't know what this means, but your babies heartbeat is 160 beats per minute!" I confidently told her, "That means its a GIRL!!" My boys heartbeats were NEVER above 135!!! Sure enough, at my 20-week ultrasound, I heard, "ITS A GIRL!!!!" WHOO!! HOO!!! HOOORAY!!!! I was in shock! I could not believe it! I seriously did not think my DH had it in him to make girls!! ROFL!! Not to mention there are more BOYS in his family than girls! Your boys will ADORE their baby sister! I know my boys really love having a baby sister! :)

mama2my2boys
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
bump.....is baby here yet?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer2787
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

SHE IS HERE!!!

Makayla Riley born March 28th, 2013 @6:40am. 6lbs 6oz 18in. (Born at 38weeks) 

Newborn

Two days old

One week Old

Two weeks old

She is absolutely perfect!! Champion nurser since day one & an excellent sleeper! :) My boys can't get enough of her! All they want to do his hug her, hold her and kiss her :) She will be 3weeks old this thursday(4/18/13) We are all so happy :)

creamnshugar
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

congratulations! she is beautiful!! I know my boys both want a girl :)

MommyMommy25
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats! She's beautiful
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyde3boys
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats Jen!! She is beautiful!! Can't wait for our princess after our 3 boys!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN