Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Positive opk!!!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 872 Total Views
Okay girls dh and I have been bd every other night since I stopped bleeding! We didn't last night and just got my positive opk! I know they say bd 2-4 days before O and this is cutting it close--we baby danced Wednesday...should we tonight?!?! Also....should I douche with water/vinegar before sex or will that kill off sperm?? Help!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
-Mommy-2-Three-
by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM

hope you got your girl :)

slittlefield920
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I have a feeling I'm not pregnant--I just don't know....feel like I may have missed it trying for a girl. Why is trying for a girl so much more difficult?!

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:44 AM

it truly is way harder trying for a girl :{

Quoting slittlefield920:

I have a feeling I'm not pregnant--I just don't know....feel like I may have missed it trying for a girl. Why is trying for a girl so much more difficult?!

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

2pittsburghboys
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Ok I BD after I got a postive OPK and I had my 3rd DS.  So that being said I think you are to close to O for a girl.  You could always got for O +12 which I have found to be a little easier to pinpoint.  Once your CM changes from EWCM or Watery  to a creamy whiteish you are at o+12.  Not sure if you are willing to give it a shot.  This month I did a 3 day cut off and o+12 so we will see..I did the cut off for ever and it's just not working so I figured why not give it a shot with o + 12.  We will see...Good Luck and Pink Dust to you :)

slittlefield920
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM
See I don't think I could religiously count on my cm for ovulation. I never noticed it being so on point any month....

Quoting 2pittsburghboys:

Ok I BD after I got a postive OPK and I had my 3rd DS.  So that being said I think you are to close to O for a girl.  You could always got for O +12 which I have found to be a little easier to pinpoint.  Once your CM changes from EWCM or Watery  to a creamy whiteish you are at o+12.  Not sure if you are willing to give it a shot.  This month I did a 3 day cut off and o+12 so we will see..I did the cut off for ever and it's just not working so I figured why not give it a shot with o + 12.  We will see...Good Luck and Pink Dust to you :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2pittsburghboys
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I understand.  You can also watch the height of your cervix as well as if it is soft and open.  When you ovulate your cervix returns to a firmer, lower, closed position.  I may take a few months but use your OPK as a guide.  I know that some women ovulate within 24-36 hours after a postiive.  Watch your other signs as well over the next 2 months and try and go from there in the mean time just do the cut off.  Once you get that positive OPK stop BD until you have a temp rise.  If you aren't charting this is a super helpful way to learn your cycle and the signs you personally have showing ovulation.  Good Luck!!!

Quoting slittlefield920:

See I don't think I could religiously count on my cm for ovulation. I never noticed it being so on point any month....

Quoting 2pittsburghboys:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN