Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

frustrated with girl diet!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 711 Total Views
Hello all. I just joined this group and look forward to chatting. I am a mom of two sons ages 4 and 15.(yea its a large gap!) I never knew when I had my oldest that swaying was a real existance, and starting researching after my youngest was born. I am now researching non stop and feel alone with this. I have not eaten breakfast for over 6 months now ( I've always been a breakfast eater; especially cereal and found out that is a big no no!!) I eat steam fresh corn wioth no sodium and I eat a lot of yogurt and smoothies and take the norm girl supps - calcium magnesium cranberry, etc. But it is a nightmare giving up burgers and fries completely!!! I heard fast foods are acidic, yet it contradicts with sodium content so confused.

This diet thing is killing me and I just don't see how every woman on the planet who has daughters eats a certain diet!!

The strangest thing of all that I hope someone could shed some light on is why the medical professionals think I've lost my head when I mention natural gender selection!!! I've only seen this stuff online. Doctors always look at me strangely and think I'm nuts. They just reply its 50/50 or mention the highly expensive microsort. Many think I'm silly as well, and think that because I have two boys my chances are too in favor of nothing but boys no matter what. My husband and teen son hear my baby girl woes daily so I am grateful to have found others to chat with in my predictament. I just suffered a miscarriage last month not knowing what the gender was and my sis in law said it was goin to b a boy for sure and my husbands neice said I need to look on the bright side because the baby wasn't even a baby yet!!! ( I was only 3 weeks) not too many positive things on this end. Anyone have any pos suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Hi, I am deana, honestly I haven't found the group too active but I have hopes of it picking up! I have 1 daughter and 3 sons. I didn't eat a special diet to get my girl, it was very much a happy accident. Although I do know the day I had to have conceived her was 3-4 days after our last time of having sex...I got sick the day after the deed. I started taking Acodolpholis, its a probiotic, recommended by Dr. Lisa, (on the tv show "The Doctors") because it keeps the uterus at a very acidic 3.8-4.5 which is ideal for girl swimmers and kills the boy swimmers. It takes 2 weeks to take effect but has great reviews. I can't say its worked due to having other cycle issues but I can't handle the girl diet! I upped my fruits and veggies, lowered my salt and meat in take and pray it all works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wshg4myprincess
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Hi great meeting u! I appreciate the reply. Well I take. A probiotic called florajen. Been taking since jan cuse I kept having itching and bv. My nurse practictioner recommended it and it has ceased the itching! Not sure if it wll sway or not but its like eating ten plus cups of yogurt. I'm always nervous to go to fast food places too cuse supposedly its acidic yet sodium is sky high so not sure if safe but surely other moms who have daughters ate at mcdonalds or similar b4 becoming preg with a girl!!! The girl diet is def over bearing! The boy diet offers anything u want. It is almost leaving nothing at all to eat ttc a girl!!!! The sodium intake is supposed to be 700 for girls and wow 2 cups of milk the limit is about done for the day. impossible if u r used to eating !!

Is it regular acidopholis u r talkingabout? I think I still ha
ve some in my cabinet. Hope to hear bk!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Yep, my bottle just says Acodolpholis. I am ordering ph test strips to check my ph levels now that my 2 weeks is almost up to make sure its working. Taking the pill is a lot easier the worrying about every single thing I eat. I am hoping that the Acodolpholis and timing will work because I know I can't do the diet. I like meat too much. I don't understand how the don't is suppose to help anyway, I know women who are meat and potato eaters that have 5 girls and vegaterans that have 3 sons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jen4boys06
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

When I asken my OB about it, he looked at me like I was crazy too! I know many women who got pregnant with girls just by have sex 2-3 days before O.  So, I guess when DH and I are ready to try (if we really ever are since we have 4 sons 4 and under), I'll have to map my cycyles.  Its going to be really hard to me to give up caffeine completely too! I think I'll maybe try one cup of half-caff.  Good luck and I hope you get your baby girl!

dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Thanks and you too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feralkitten
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM

yeah i be testing my ph but wont be worrying about the full diet just enough to fix the ph lol and the sex 4-2 days before olveston is a biggie for me

people think i'm mad to but once i tell them i wona everything so if i still don't get a girl i know I'm not meant to have one then they say is sounds fare enough lol

dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM
I seen in the other post you were getting your bc removed, what kind do you have? And Acodolpholis, a probiotic, will keep your ph levels between 3.8-4.5. It takes 2 weeks to take full effect.

Quoting feralkitten:

yeah i be testing my ph but wont be worrying about the full diet just enough to fix the ph lol and the sex 4-2 days before olveston is a biggie for me

people think i'm mad to but once i tell them i wona everything so if i still don't get a girl i know I'm not meant to have one then they say is sounds fare enough lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feralkitten
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

i have the coper coil so it gona hurt to come out lol

dababiesdreams
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Oh wow. Ok. I had Implanon, it was removed in Jan. And I still haven't gotten a cycle. They dont tell you it takes 6 mo to get out of your system!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wshg4myprincess
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow I hope that just acidolphilus would up the odds. Its extremely hard to completely change my diet!!! I am doing ok with skipping breakfast but not with keeping sodium to 700!! And this month I'm not yet preg again even tho it was 4 days prior to ovulation. I didn't get a girl or a boy! My body is too used to having a boy I guess so 4 days prior I don't get preg at all. Its a bummer . Looks like ill have to try 2 to 3 days prior instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)