Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried about gender disappointment

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 5:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 339 Total Views

Hey ladies! I am pregnant with my 3rd child due July 15th. I have 2 boys and we're hoping this one is a girl. I know either way I'll be happy with what I get, but I've been feeling a lot of pressure to have a girl. As soon as I told my mom I was pregnant she mentioned she had a dream the week before about a baby girl so it must be mine. My brother has been insisting I need a girl and you can imagine once I posted the ultrasound picture on facebook everyone keeps asking "do you want a girl this time". I'm getting so annoyed with it and I feel like I'll let people down if it's a boy. I'm dreading finding out this time. Oh and the babies heartrate at 8 weeks was 182 and my mom insists that means girl. With my last pregnancy, my son had a heartrate of 186 at 8 weeks and the doctor I was seeing at that time told me to expect a girl. I was totally shocked when I was told i's a boy. How do you ladies handle all the pressure?

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MandaRose83
by Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really feel pressure but I feel like I get pity from people. As soon as people find out I have 3 boys its like "Oh better you than me" or "You have your hands full" I hate those types of comments! Especially because if it was 3 girls I wouldn't be getting them. People seem to have this preconceived notion that boys are sooooooo much harder to deal with then girls. Obviously those people either haven't lived through teenage girl hell or they have forgotten what its like. I want a girl this time but I want a girl so I can experience a mother/daughter relationship (especially since I don't really have one with my own mother) not so my life can be "easier" so to speak. 

MomToBray
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I went through the same thing when I was pregnant with Molly (I have 2 older boys). The comments were endless. I tried to just blow over them as much as possible & not let them get to me but I felt the same way. I dreaded having to tell everyone if it was another boy b/c I knew everyone would be disappointed instead of happy.

mom3bc
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

i had 3 boys when i found out i was pg with #4 , everyone told me this is your girl .. that's all i heard ,, only one lady said it was a boy cause she had 4 boys... I did not announce on FB till 2 weeks b4 the US so i didn't have to listen to ppl

But I ended up with my girl i was sooooooo happy 

GL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN