Keeping the gender a surprise even though I really want a girl
My husband and I are about to start TTC for our 3rd and final child. After 2 boys I really want a girl.
DH and I have also talked about waiting until the baby is born to find out the sex. We found out with our first 2 that they were boys at the 20 week ultrasound.
Some of the reasons that I want to wait until the birth are:
- this is our last baby no matter what, so boy or girl we will have no more
- it seems exciting and different to wait
- it would be my last chance to have this sort of surprise
- maybe looking at the baby when I hear it is a boy will keep me from feeling disappointed (I've heard some people say that waiting until birth can actually prevent you from having gender disappointment)
Some of the reasons that I think I want to find out at 20 weeks are:
- I had gender disappointment with my second boy for about a week after we found out (I'm worried I may have disappointment when the baby is born)
- I can buy cute girl/boy clothes (I'm OK with having gender neutral everything except the wardrobe, but I could always just buy clothes when the baby is born)
What do you think? Why?
What are the reasons to either find out or not? Would it be a good idea since I really prefer to have a girl?