Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

0+12 vs. Shettles method. Which method have you used? Successful?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 1223 Total Views

My husband and I are beginning the first steps in the path that we have chosen in order to attempt to sway for a baby girl (we have 2 boys) . We have both started to take calcium and magnesium supplements and are currently working out a new diet to fit in as well. I am keeping track of my BBT and also monitoring CM, I also purchased pH strips to see how my pH changes throughout my cycle regularly and then will also be using them when we begin ttc to make sure it is where it's supposed to be. Im pretty clear on everything except which method of timing to use. I had purchased a book on the Shettles method and was set that, that was the way to go, but after doing more research online I ran into the 0+12 method. The shettles method sounds more reliable since your pH should still be lower at the point where you should bd as well as it gives the y sperm time to thin out, but it seems like more people have tried the 0+12. Any ways, any insight would be helpful. Thanks

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jen4boys06
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I know many who successfully used Shettles. I dont know anyone who has done O + 12

_skittles_
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:50 AM
I have 2 girls, ones a shettles method (5 days before) and one is an o+12, both are unintentional though i thought id be safe missing ovulation! Sorry that's not very helpful is it...
We're hoping for a 3rd girl and ill be trying o+12! Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
savannahds
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Wow! My husband and I have been trying using the shettles method for 3 months now. The first month i miscalculated my ovulation, the second was 4 days before, and this past month was only 2 days before and I won't be able to test for 5 more days. Hopefully third time is the charm.

mrscass0416
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:24 PM
What was your outcome?

Quoting savannahds:

Wow! My husband and I have been trying using the shettles method for 3 months now. The first month i miscalculated my ovulation, the second was 4 days before, and this past month was only 2 days before and I won't be able to test for 5 more days. Hopefully third time is the charm.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
savannahds
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

That time was again another no go but the following month we decided to actually 3 days and still do the 3 days cut off and it worked! So we are finally expecting on Christmas Eve won't know gender until mid july

Quoting mrscass0416:

What was your outcome?

Quoting savannahds:

mrscass0416
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Congrats!!! Keep us updated on what you are having.

Kaybean
by Group Owner on May. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Not sure if you've seen my sticky post on Shettles vs O+12, but O+12 is better by far and I explain why in depth.
KJ_on
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Quoting savannahds:

so what was the result.
savannahds
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Jen4boys06
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Congrats!!! What a nice Christmas present :)

Quoting savannahds:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)