Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"If you're frustrated with your kids, then why do you want another one?"

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

My DH said this to me last night when I got frustrated with my oldest DS (7). 

DS had left a stack of books in the living room at bed time and I just was telling him to pick them up and explaining that if he would put things away when he's done with them, he would not have such messes to clean up.  I guess I had a crabby tone to my voice because DH asked me what was wrong.  My mistake in telling him that I was just frustrated that DS1 won't clean up after himself like I've been telling him to for months now.

So apparantly (according to DH) I have to never get frusterated with our kids in order to be justified in wanting another one.

=Rant over=

Does the fact that I get frustrated with my children mean that I should not have another one?  Or is DH just being a punk?

Do you ever get questioned as to why you want more kids?

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
feralkitten
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM

lol i get frustrated with my kids all the time. its care we care so much we get so frustrated its what mum do 

LindyLee29
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Who doesn't? Lol
connorsmama06
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I get upset by the things my kids do. But it would never change me wanting more kids

creamnshugar
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM
I don't know anyone who doesn't get frustrated with their kids at some point . I know I do sometimes and My husband just told me tonight that I need to see a shrink because he thinks something is wrong with me wanting a 3rd!! I also have aunt who is always negative about me wanting another baby. Oh well won't change what I want. Just wish my DH would be more into the baby thing because I am ready to ttc and he is still unsure :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)