Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A vent

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:30 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

Im venting because I can't really vent to anyone else.  The other day, we went to a friends house who has a baby girl (few months old), and I held her for the first time.  A friend of mine just found out she is pregger and announced it Christmas Eve.  I went to a baby shower today...they are having a girl....and to top it all off....I find out my SIL is pregger with their 2nd child...a girl.  My dad (who doesn't know) has a box with some stuff in a Pampers diaper box....it is everywhere and the more I see it...the more I hurt inside.  It feels like a dagger in the chest everytime.  We just started trying, working on the diet and vitamins to help both of us so I know the likelyhood of me being pregger is low but I feel like I have been left in the dark and everyone is rubbing it in.  I know they aren't but its just the feeling.  Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for everyone.  I am especially happy for my SIL.  I was shocked but I broke some, and I am trying not to break down because of the news.  I know God will provide for me when the time is right.  I didn't want to wait to have another one this long, but looking back, God knew I wouldn't be able to have one and handle everything that we have gone through. I have always wanted 2 children...a boy and a girl...I have my boy and I still want my girl. 

simple smilePeachymomma1981

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ajzuell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:04 PM

i feel you and those feelings are normal but yet suck! It does feel like in a way everyone that is having girls around me is rubbing it in!  I am happy for them but yet i am very sensitive about wanting a girl so bad {i have all boys 6}.  Sometimes i feel that they do not fully understand how the feeling is because they are/have girls. My sisters all have girls :( i feel like an outcast when we are together, I try to stay away a lot of times because the pain is to much for me.  I just still remain hopeful and pray someday God will bless me with a healthy baby girl i so longed for over 12 years.  GL!

peachymomma1981
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Well today I had the house to myself and allowed myself to have a breakdown.  I feel tons better having it.  I am happy for everyone around me.  I have a good friend who has 3 dd and 1 ds and I feel like an outcast sometimes.  Everyone asked me in the past, when you having one and I have said in the past, Im not....but now...Im just going to reply...working on it....lol. 

feralkitten
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:50 AM

yeah it not fare at times my sil pisses me of no end 

she got hit by a card as a kid and she got all this money when she turned 16 yet she seams fine to me . she never worked a day in her life yet got a bought house a car nd had a big wedding also she got a son and a daughter why do some people who are not even nice people get an easy life and everything they wont and other struggle for everything they got !

mommyde3boys
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I'm sorry that you're feeling that way:( I understand how you are feeling and it is totally fine and I'm glad you came here to vent! I know a lot of us have felt or feel that way now.... We have 3 boys and I feel this way whenever we are around people too because I am ALWAYS the outcast by being the only one with all boys and 3 at that. I would not change it if I could! They are my life and they are all very sweet<3 but I often feel like my mil and even my mom pay less attention to my boys just because they are boys and not girls! :( My sister has a girl and my sil and bil's wife all have girls and everyone just pays more attention to them because they are girls! We have chosen to stay away from family gatherings just because it really does hurt my feelings and I am not just imagining these things... We are going to be finding out the sex of baby#4 on Feb.14 and every single person has said, think this is your girl. Everytime they say this it makes me upset because I'm thinking and what if it's not, are you not going to be as excited for us??

Hope that you and your dh conceive a baby girl sooner than you expect!!
CafeMom Tickers
creamnshugar
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I feel the same I work in a labor and delivery unit and see it almost daily. It's hard my cousins wife also told me yesterday they are newly pregnant and a friend from work is also newly pregnant along with about 3 other girls I work with. It's hard I know it will happen when it is supposed to but my DH has yet to 100% agree to the idea. I get my hopes up that it will be soon we can ttc and I plan and do supps and then he and I get in am argument about another baby and so I am shot down again. Not sure how to convince him. Esp since I was recently diagnosed with PCOS but without the insulin resistance which I guess is weird. My fear is that it didn't take me trying at all to get pg with my boys and that now it might take awhile since I have this :/ def. Feeling your vent and think it feels good to do the same lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)