Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food list

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 237 Total Views

Any one reseach foods to increase your acidity?  I'm finding very conflicting results! Some sites say blueberries are alkaline while others say acidic. They do that with a bunch of different foods.  I guess I'll just try to increase my dairy intake, stop BD 2 days before O and hope that God will answer my prayers :)

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Kaybean
by Group Owner on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Blueberries are a no. The only berries good for a girl are raspberries, cranberries and strawberries. No other fruit is on the girl diet. Citrus fruits are so acidic, that once they hit your stomach, it turns them alkaline to counteract the acid. The best foods to eat are: Greek yogurt, milk, white rice, the berries listed above, cheese, green beans, cucumbers, white bread (as little nutrition and salt as possible), puffed rice, rice cakes, aspartame (lowers your pH super fast), eggs, chicken, fish, Kefir, cottage cheese, pasta, low sodium mayo and sugar free gum. What I did (we decided to wait a few more months to try so I went off the diet for now) was ate a bowl of sodium free puffed wheat/rice cereal for breakfast with lots of milk and added 6-7 packets of Equal to it for sweetness (pure aspartame). For lunch I would have a cucumber sandwich on white bread with black pepper and mayo. For dinner I would have baked chicken and some rice and green beans. For snacks I would make bowls of pasta noodles (pasta is neutral and you can eat as much as you want without affecting pH) with butter and black pepper, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, rice cakes, etc. I did eat breakfast but when we start to TTC, I will skip breakfast for at least the week or two before O. SKIPPING BREAKFAST is super important for keeping blood sugar down, which favors girls. I chewed on sugar free gum all the time when I wasn't eating as well. Then I drank 50 oz or so a day of Aquafina or Dasani bottled water (good for lowering pH) and added Crystal Light packets to it (aspartame). I still drink the bottled water with drink packets and don't add salt to anything. I also stay away from all of the no no foods (potatoes, tomatoes, red meat, adding salt, lunch meat, alcohol, etc), but otherwise I'm off the diet for a couple more months. My pH from doing those things for just 3 weeks brought my pH from high 4's/low 5's down to low 4's/high 3's. I was at 3.84 the last time I checked right before I went off the diet and 4 is the perfect number to be at.

Also, you can certainly do a 2 day cut off if you want, but a 3 day cut off has shown to have the best results. Doing 0+12 is even better than cut off and I have a post about the two methods if you want to read it. Good luck!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Jen4boys06
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:25 PM

wow you were definitly dedicated to the diet! I don't think that I can do all of that.  I actually just made a meatloaf to have for dinner tonight.  I don't ovulate for at least another week though.  I am increasing my dairy and skipping breakfast.  I don't want to get pregnant yet so I don't plan on having sex anywhere near O, but just in case, I want to make sure I at least tried to sway a little!

Is peanut butter ok to eat?

ajzuell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Thanks for the food info Kay!  

Jen i saw a sucessful girl swayer on IG She ate Peanut better {no sugar kind} in her sway. But i  am not 100% sure if it is ok.

Jen4boys06
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Thanks! I love peanut butter! I still know its about 50/50 chance but I'd like to try to increase my odds a little :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)