Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girl diet questions

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 355 Total Views

I'm new to the group and want to start ttc a girl soon! I have to boys that I love but dream of having a daughter one day. What kind of milk is best to drink? I like soy milk and almond milk but not sure if these are ok. Also, is cranberry juice allowed? Thanks ladies!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KayMarie2
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting KayMarie2:

I'm new to the group and want to start ttc a girl soon! I have to boys that I love but dream of having a daughter one day. What kind of milk is best to drink? I like soy milk and almond milk but not sure if these are ok. Also, is cranberry juice allowed? Thanks ladies!

Just read on the cheat sheet that soy milk is a no but almond milk and cran juice is ok. What type of reg milk is best? Whole, 2 percent, skim? Also I'm still nursing and I heard that is a good pink sway. Do you think if I do the diet for 6 weeks while nursing that will be enough time? Please help and thanks and good luck to you ladies!

Jen4boys06
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I've heard to do the diet for 6 weeks before TTC. 

KayMarie2
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks. I just got home from grocery store and starting the diet tomorrow!

louthamanboys
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:40 AM
whats the cheat sheet?

Quoting KayMarie2:

Quoting KayMarie2:

Just read on the cheat sheet that soy milk is a no but almond milk and cran juice is ok. What type of reg milk is best? Whole, 2 percent, skim? Also I'm still nursing and I heard that is a good pink sway. Do you think if I do the diet for 6 weeks while nursing that will be enough time? Please help and thanks and good luck to you ladies!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie3804
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Good luck on your sway. I drank cranberry juice as well as took cranberry supplements and calcium/magnesium supplements since they sway girl. I'm not a milk drinker, but I ate tons of yogurt when trying for a girl and I found out recently that I am pregnant with my 1st girl after 2 boys! I would make sure you skip having sex on ovulation day since I've read that increases your chance of having a boy. 

Quoting KayMarie2:

Thanks. I just got home from grocery store and starting the diet tomorrow!

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Cranberry juice is GREAT and you absolutely should drink it. Just make sure it's 100% pure cranberry juice and not the fake stuff. Cow's milk is best..organic to be exact, and you should always get whatever brand has the least amount of potassium.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)