Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 308 Total Views

Ok, all of you mommas who have done plenty of research on how to figure out when you are ovulating i need some serious help! I have done research upon research and have been tracking my ovulation for most on point for 6-7 months but i got a little overwhelmed with school over finals a couple months ago and quit (which i didn't think would be a big deal since i was having no trouble) I have an app on my phone which has always given me the roung about time and has always coincided with my CM which is how i have always checked accuracy along with ovulation tests to make sure of accuracy. Well my DH and I decided we were going to actualy start trying and wouldn't you know it i am having the hardest time figuring it out! My cycles are never exact but average out to a 30 day cycle and i have been checking my CM since the day after my P ended and it doesn't seem to have changed at all! Also for the past few days (i am day 15 in my cycle) i have been taking ovulation tests twice daily and have yet to have a poitive. But, tonight i had some very egg white mucus that definitely "passed" the stretchy test on the outside but when i tried to check internally to make sure bc my ovulation was not positive this morning, i barely retrieved any and it was sort of creamy but not enough to even really tell. Any advice here, or anyone have any answers for me???

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommaof3boy
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Are you temping? If not, I would do that. Also, maybe start ovulation tests a few days earlier. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie3804
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I found using the basal body thermometer every morning before getting out of bed best for me. I tracked for about 3 months and found out the day I ovulate. My cycles were off due to breastfeeding. Not everyone ovulates on day 14 or 15. I think I ovulated around day 23 the month I got my bfp. Are you taking any supplements while ttc? I started taking a lot of cranberry supplements the month I got pregnant and I noticed that month I didn't have any ewcm while on them. With my 2nd son, my hormones were off due to the removal of my iud and I had several bouts of ewcm that month, so depending on the person that may not always be accurate all the time. I've never used the ovulation predictor kits, so I'm not help here.

savannahds
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:38 PM

What is tempting? I did get a positive Ovulation the next morning, but I was under the impression that once you had ewcm that you were fertile at that point. Also, i did start taking cranberry supplements as well as suddafed ( which i know is supposed to help dry up cm). But I thought that I would still have some. I had started trying to do the BBT method but we recently put our 3 year old in his own room and he had a rough start so I was up and down all hours of the night and every morning my temperature would seem to be either a spike up or down from the previous day. Thankfully however, he is now used to it and so I plan to resume charting BBT. But, I am happy to say that we BD 2 days before i got the positive opk. So keeping my fingers crossed but still monitoring at the same time as well. But also, I have read some testimonies stating that the ttc girl shettle method seems to give people a problem getting pregnant period. My DH and I have stopped drinking soda and drink water/crystal light (bc i have read it is good for gender sway) we also try to be intimate everyday leading up to the "cut-off" but only actually BD on the one day. And i also thought it would be a good idea for him to take the hot bath before BD. I want to try hard enough but I don't want to do so much that the chances of me becoming pregnant at all are sliim to none. What are some methods that you all have decded to try.

mommaof3boy
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Temping. Taking your temp with a basal body thermometer daily. It helps pinpoint ovulation.

Quoting savannahds:

What is tempting? I did get a positive Ovulation the next morning, but I was under the impression that once you had ewcm that you were fertile at that point. Also, i did start taking cranberry supplements as well as suddafed ( which i know is supposed to help dry up cm). But I thought that I would still have some. I had started trying to do the BBT method but we recently put our 3 year old in his own room and he had a rough start so I was up and down all hours of the night and every morning my temperature would seem to be either a spike up or down from the previous day. Thankfully however, he is now used to it and so I plan to resume charting BBT. But, I am happy to say that we BD 2 days before i got the positive opk. So keeping my fingers crossed but still monitoring at the same time as well. But also, I have read some testimonies stating that the ttc girl shettle method seems to give people a problem getting pregnant period. My DH and I have stopped drinking soda and drink water/crystal light (bc i have read it is good for gender sway) we also try to be intimate everyday leading up to the "cut-off" but only actually BD on the one day. And i also thought it would be a good idea for him to take the hot bath before BD. I want to try hard enough but I don't want to do so much that the chances of me becoming pregnant at all are sliim to none. What are some methods that you all have decded to try.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
savannahds
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Quoting mommaof3boy:

Temping. Taking your temp with a basal body thermometer daily. It helps pinpoint ovulation.

Quoting savannahds:

oh temping! lol. I completely read that wrong. I had been tracking bbt for acouple of weeks but it always seemed ver inconsistent and so I thoght that CM tracking would be best. But i have found have found that mine seems to remain in the "creamy" state.

mommaof3boy
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Quoting savannahds:

Quoting mommaof3boy:

Quoting savannahds:

oh temping! lol. I completely read that wrong. I had been tracking bbt for acouple of weeks but it always seemed ver inconsistent and so I thoght that CM tracking would be best. But i have found have found that mine seems to remain in the "creamy" state.

mine was always more creamy also, so I never really knew lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)