Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally expecting! But a little curious..

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 286 Total Views
So after 5 unsuccessful months of ttc via the "Girl Shettles method" my husband and I are finally expecting. I'm just curious to some of the other mommas out there who conceived there little girls this way. We had 2 boys with absolutely no issue and after the 3rd unsuccessful month I was feeling like maybe I was going slightly over board to making it impossible to conceive. I used Cranberry supplements to help make my body more acidic as well as taking Suddafed sinus relief which i have read also helps to keeo your cm low and in a creamy state. My dh and I also used the FR method, however, (and sry if TMI) but i noticed that after about 3-4 days he was producing absoluttely no semen or if any very very little, and so we decided to do it a little over the top BD at least once sometimes twice a day but actually "made it counbt" i guess you could say from 4,3, and 2 days before ovulation. (we have always done the 2 day cut off and still never got pregnant so i was assuming he just didn't have ebough left after 5 months). Anyways, sorry so long but i was jw if anyone else has tried more than 1 day. (Also i would just like to say of course I will be happy with another baby boy is my sway attempt does not work, i am just curious)
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mama2my2boys
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM
"he didnt have enough after 5 months".......enough what?...semen???? ......its constantly being produced.......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
savannahds
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM

No no no, lol. Sry I must have jumbled it up a little bit. What I meant that during the months that we were trying we would do the BD every single day, and by the 4th day of BDing there would be either almost no semen at all. And he would only release in me 2 days before ovulation and for 5 months we did this and nothing happened,

Quoting mama2my2boys:

"he didnt have enough after 5 months".......enough what?...semen???? ......its constantly being produced.......

Mommy2BJ
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Lilypie - (qu8q)

Kaybean
by Group Owner on May. 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Not sure if you have noticed my sticky post about abstaining vs frequent bd? Low sperm count is what you want for TTC a girl. We TTC in March and bd every day for like 2 weeks.straight and I put a drop of his sample on the microscope and the sperm count, as well as semen, was low. I still got pregnant right away though, even with my pH being BELOW a 4! I'm super fertile and.always get pregnant right away, but I know for many women, swaying for a girl can make it take awhile to get pregnant.
Allebas
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

When my DH and I were trying for our girl, we did the deed every other day after the last day of aunt flo. The last day we Bd'd was the morning of 2 days prior to ovulation. Shallow penetration, DH on top, I did not have an orgasm. We got our GIRL!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)