Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Natural Gender selection didn't work for me!!!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 297 Total Views

Hello everyone!

I just found out that I'm having another boy. I studied gender selection methods for 2 year and I tried Shettles methods along with the high calcium and magnesium diet. Also My husband and I were  taking cranberries pills and we tried to lower the sperm count as well.

We started with a 5 days cutoff and then 4 days but I didn't get pregnant for 6 months so we tried to do  3 days cut off and I got pregnant. I was so sure I was going to have the baby girl of my dream. I did everything I could, and we followed  all the rules very carefully. I read many books about gender selection and I was tracking  ovulation for almost 2 years (cm charts , basal body temperature, ovulation prediction kits... Etc)

im still so surprised I failed and I still have that feeling that it may be a girl!! ( 20 week ultrasound said 100% boy)

After listening those 3 words from the technician : IT'S A BOY  I had to go to the bathroom and I felt sick!

i have been  crying since that day and I feel extremely guilty!

i  know i will love my little guy with all my heart but its just that feeling that I may never have the girl of my dreams.

I just wanted to share how I feel and if you Are trying any natural gender selection method please keep in mind that anything can happen ...  

I always knew the method I used wasn't 100% guaranteed but I put a lot faith on the whole thing and now it's been so hard to acceped that it was a waste of time and money and really kills you emotionally !

anyone in the same boat????

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Jen4boys06
by Member on Apr. 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM
So sorry honey! I cried at my 4th sons u/s. we didn't try any methods. He was a surprise and I wasn't ready to get pregnant again. I was so sure it was a girl! He is now 15 months old and I couldn't imagine my life without him. I know it's hard and I was sad for awhile. Even after he was born and a friend of mine found out that she was having a girl after 3 boys. How many boys do you have?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3boysngirl
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM

i didnt sway at all and got my girl its all 50 50 with everything that u do im sorry u didnt get ur girl but im happy ur having a healthy baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN