Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this really a *GIRL* ??

Posted by   + Show Post

So we have 2 beautiful boys and I went at 19wks 3days for my gender scan... and....
The ultrasound tech was pretty sure we are expecting a girl... this was over a mth ago and I am still in denial. Just don't see the 'girlie bits'... & I know I'm driving my DDG crazy lol. She has a name and everything... but I don't want to 'believe' it and she come out a he.... What do you ladies think?? I'm 24wks, 5days today and will probably have a growth scan in a week or so... but I am so super nervous they are going to say 'it's a boy'... I'd love him anyways... but now that they said 'GIRL' I've got my hopes up.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Replies (11-17):
ProudMama1125
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Yeah. I'm getting mine tied after this baby too. That's why I want her to be a her so badly. I can't wait til my next scan!

Quoting feralkitten:

Quoting ProudMama1125:

I told hubby that if she comes out a he, he'll be wearing pink til he's 2 lol. But really... I'll be so sad. This is our last baby & I prayed for this lil girl.

Quoting feralkitten:

i have no more scans and yup i gone a bit girl stuff made so she better be a girl or a boy that links girl stuff lol 

im not gona lie i be heartbroken this is my last baby to my tubes are being tied at my c-section

ProudMama1125
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Sounds like me. DH told me that I won't 'believe it before I actually see it'... I think he's right. But I hope after my growth scan, all my worrying will be put to rest.

Quoting connorsmama06:

You know after my dd was Ron I asked my ob, nurse, dh and mom over and over. My ob brought her to me and said look. Lol

mom3bc
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My 1st , 2nd , 3rd, 4th U/s I didn't believe i was having girl .. by the 5th one i was pretty convinced. 

I have 3 boys , then I had my girl. Now expecting #5 , Would love a Sister for my daughter , but a healthy baby will do 

Allebas
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM

CONGRATS!!! It looks like a GIRL to me!!!!  I think the labia is just a bit swollen and that is probably what is throwing you off. I've had 4 boys and one girl in that order!! My girl ultrasound looked A LOT like yours! I didn't believe the u/s tech with my DD!! I thought she was wrong!! ROFL!! ROFL!! I made her check again and again!! She told me 95% that I was having a GIRL!! Then when they got her out thru repeat c-section, I still asked my Dr. if it was really a girl and she told me YES!! ITS REALLY A GIRL!! ROFL!! ROFL!! She was our last chance of getting a girl, as I told DH NO MORE and my body did not handle pregnancy well at all!!

ProudMama1125
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

That's what my OB told me. Girl, I hope so! I am soooo beyond being in denial lol. I can't wait til my growth scan for her... just to triple check lol. This is our 3rd and last... so she is my miracle for sure. DH's family is nothing but boys.... he has 2 brothers, his dad had 3 brothers and a sister, we have our 2 boys.... you get the drift... She's our 1 in a million. I'll probably still be asking if she's a she when I deliver too lol.

Quoting Allebas:

CONGRATS!!! It looks like a GIRL to me!!!!  I think the labia is just a bit swollen and that is probably what is throwing you off. I've had 4 boys and one girl in that order!! My girl ultrasound looked A LOT like yours! I didn't believe the u/s tech with my DD!! I thought she was wrong!! ROFL!! ROFL!! I made her check again and again!! She told me 95% that I was having a GIRL!! Then when they got her out thru repeat c-section, I still asked my Dr. if it was really a girl and she told me YES!! ITS REALLY A GIRL!! ROFL!! ROFL!! She was our last chance of getting a girl, as I told DH NO MORE and my body did not handle pregnancy well at all!!

Allebas
by Member on Jun. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Oh man!! Do I know how the "ALL BOYS" thing goes!!! Between my mom and her younger sister, they have 11 grandsons and only 2 granddaughters!!! At our Church 8 years ago, there were like 14 women all pregnant and had their babies within 5 months of each other! There were only TWO GIRLS in that whole bunch of babies and the rest were all BOYS!! DH has an aunt who has 6 kids. 5 boys and 1 girl!! DH has 3 sisters and 3 brothers.

After I had my 20-scan with my DD, I ran home with my ultrasound pics and compared them to my son's scans!! They look TOTALLY different!! I was like it has to be a girl!! She does not have boy parts! ROFL! ROFL!

A couple of other things that were different with my DD--her heartbeat was 160 beats per minute! My boys were NEVER over 135 beats per minute! Even my OB/GYN said, "Oh my!! I don't know what this means, but your babies heartbeat is 160 beats per minute!!" I said, "It means its a GIRL!!" ROFL! ROFL! I was RIGHT!! Also, I had worse morning sickness with my DD than my boys!! I had morning sickness with my boys thru the 3rd month. It also would go away by dinner-time. With my DD, I had morning sickness all day for 7 months!!

IDK if you have ever done the needle on a string trick. You tie a piece of string to a needle. Then you lie on your back, hold the needle by the string above your stomach. You hold it about 2-3 inches above your stomach. You make sure you stop the needle from moving. Slowly move your hand away from the needle. Do  not move the string or your fingers that are holding the string. The needle will start to move! If it moves back and forth like a pendulum, its a boy!! If it goes in a circle, its a girl!! I have done this with all 5 of my kids, and it was right every time! When I did it for my DD, I did not believe it!! I stopped the needle, and did it again, and again it went in a circle!! I have a friend who has 6 children. She did this trick with all 6 of her kids and it was right every time for her too!!

Quoting ProudMama1125:

That's what my OB told me. Girl, I hope so! I am soooo beyond being in denial lol. I can't wait til my growth scan for her... just to triple check lol. This is our 3rd and last... so she is my miracle for sure. DH's family is nothing but boys.... he has 2 brothers, his dad had 3 brothers and a sister, we have our 2 boys.... you get the drift... She's our 1 in a million. I'll probably still be asking if she's a she when I deliver too lol.

Quoting Allebas:

mrscass0416
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats!!!

looks like a girl to me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)