Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

after iud

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 129 Total Views

ok so i got my IUD removed after having it the full five years thursday morning. it came out without any pain no pintch no spotting no nothing. Then I got my BC pills and about 7 that night i started cramping no big deal and friday was no big deal some symptoms that AF may come but no big deal then i woke up today and OMGOSH i feel like i have been hit with a mack truck, i dont have the want to do anything but sleep. I started my pills like the doc said on thursday around noon. He recomended i have a few complete cycles to clean out my system and so that we could better calculate estimated due date. but my gosh i feel horrible! i dont remember ever feeling like this with my AF visit. Is this normal for those of you who have had ur IUD removed?

by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomToBray
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM

maybe you have a bug and timing is just a coincidence?

I had my IUD removed after 2 years and had no problems at all. Periods came back just like normal 

longing4mygrl
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Had no problems after 2 years got pegnant first month all is still. Going good in second trimester now
kcmminva79
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my Mirena removed on 6/14/13, it was year 8 (at 5 yrs I had a new one when the 1st was removed).  Prior to removal I had been researching ttc after iud removal and rkept seeing "mirena crash" mentioned so I researched that.  I found a good # of women who had bad cramps, headaches, PMS like symptoms etc....they pretty much felt like hell warmed over for a few days.

At my appt I asked my obgyn whay he knew about the Mirena crash (he was the senior obgyn and seemed very knowledgeable).  He had never heard of it and said the hormone released was so little that the human body really does not detect the change.  But he did say that depending on my bodies sensitivity levels, I may feel a little worse when AF comes.

If AF doesn't come and your discomfort persists, call you obgyn and let them know.  In the mean time research Mirena crash, you will find a lot of info from others who have gone through it and it may ease your mind or help you get through it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN