Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd attempt TTC a girl anything I can improve on? Please comment

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 491 Total Views

We are ttc a girl after having 3 bc surprises, all boys.  This month ended in a BFN so I need your advice on what I can improve on.  Obviously more BD in the beginning of my fertile time but any other suggestions like more cranberry, calcium, magnessium?????

IUD was removed 6/14, AF 6/16-6/19 (about avg for me before IUD except I had light spotting for 1-3 days after AF). We BD'd as much as we could after AF but here are the important dates...

BD 7/2 late night (fertile per calander), +opk 7/5, BD 7/6 late evening followed by the lime tampon. I'm about 6dpo today.

Taking Flintstones and folic acid per my Dr. 200mg magnesium a day (400mg if I remember pill #2) Upped calcium the best I could plus a tums each day between end of AF and O.  cranberry juice for PH levels once a day and/or took cranberry in pill form, 1 a day.

My ph stayed right around 5, it was hard to get it to 4-4.5  but did the lime tampon with ph 4 after BD. No orgasims (that sucked)

This was my 1st ttc attempt, I am sure I could have done better with the PH and BD after O I know was not good but DH surprised me.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jen4boys06
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I honestly think its all a crap shoot.  I have seen women do no sway, have sex on O day and get a girl.  I have also seen women who invest alot of time and money into swaying and have a boy.  For this baby I did sway just so I could say "I tried".  We won't find out until sometime in October though.  I skipped breakfast, changed my diet a bit, and I think we bd one or two days before O. I don't think we bd on O day.  Not 100% certain of when I O'd b/c I wasn't tracking. I had EWCM for 3 days and we only bd on day one of me having it.  I prayed alot too :)  If its God's will, it will happen!

kcmminva79
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Thank you for your honest oppinion on this.  If we dont concieve in the next 2-3 months, a healthy baby is most important but I do want to be able to say we tried and not have the question of what could we have done in the back of my mind. I am not sure what to think about it, the ph and depth of ejaculation make sense to me as well as the timing prior to O but in all my research there is nothing scientifically proving that any of it works.  Prayer is my biggest sway method. DH is not about TTC but he is behind me 100% in trying to sway for a girl if we happen to concieve.  He does not want BDing to be a chore or for me to be upset if we do not get a BFP.  I don't want to be preggo in the summer unless it is 1st trimester and I don't really want to have a baby after 35 (also falls next summer), so I am very happy with his stance on ttc/ttc a girl. 

Thank you again!!!

Quoting Jen4boys06:

I honestly think its all a crap shoot.  I have seen women do no sway, have sex on O day and get a girl.  I have also seen women who invest alot of time and money into swaying and have a boy.  For this baby I did sway just so I could say "I tried".  We won't find out until sometime in October though.  I skipped breakfast, changed my diet a bit, and I think we bd one or two days before O. I don't think we bd on O day.  Not 100% certain of when I O'd b/c I wasn't tracking. I had EWCM for 3 days and we only bd on day one of me having it.  I prayed alot too :)  If its God's will, it will happen!

Jen4boys06
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM
That's how I feel. Just want to say "we tried". I didn't go hard core away though. I hope you get your BFP and baby girl soon! GL!

Quoting kcmminva79:

Thank you for your honest oppinion on this.  If we dont concieve in the next 2-3 months, a healthy baby is most important but I do want to be able to say we tried and not have the question of what could we have done in the back of my mind. I am not sure what to think about it, the ph and depth of ejaculation make sense to me as well as the timing prior to O but in all my research there is nothing scientifically proving that any of it works.  Prayer is my biggest sway method. DH is not about TTC but he is behind me 100% in trying to sway for a girl if we happen to concieve.  He does not want BDing to be a chore or for me to be upset if we do not get a BFP.  I don't want to be preggo in the summer unless it is 1st trimester and I don't really want to have a baby after 35 (also falls next summer), so I am very happy with his stance on ttc/ttc a girl. 

Thank you again!!!

Quoting Jen4boys06:

connorsmama06
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

We conceived our dd when we were not trying. I was off the pill but thought we would try in August. Well God had other plans. I think we conceived her on my o day. 

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I would stop the Flinstones vitamins. Daily vitamins usually have added potassium and other boy friendly things. It's best just to take folic acid until BFP and then switch. Also, if you're having trouble getting your pH down, it could be from the magnesium or calcium supplements. For most women, it will lower pH, but for some women, it makes their pH actually go up because it's too acidic and their body will try to correct itself by becoming more alkaline. For me, I'm eating lots of yogurt and drinking milk, low sodium and potassium and then eating acidifying foods (green beans, cucumber, parmesan cheese, strawberries, raspberries, aspartame, cranberry) but no calcium or magnesium supplements. The only supplements I'm taking are 450 mg of cranberry, 100 mg of B6 and 800 mg of folic acid.
Jen4boys06
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM

That's what I did, as far as diet goes.  I skipped breakfast too.  We bd ALOT 2 weeks before O and I think stopped about 2 days before (I know, cutting it close! Maybe it was 3 days).  I didn't take any supplements though.  Once I got my bfp, it was so nice to eat breakfast again! I'm 28 weeks so hopefully we'll find out soon! I'm expecting a 5th boy (that's all I know!) but my kids, family, and friends all keep telling me "girl"

Quoting Kaybean:

I would stop the Flinstones vitamins. Daily vitamins usually have added potassium and other boy friendly things. It's best just to take folic acid until BFP and then switch. Also, if you're having trouble getting your pH down, it could be from the magnesium or calcium supplements. For most women, it will lower pH, but for some women, it makes their pH actually go up because it's too acidic and their body will try to correct itself by becoming more alkaline. For me, I'm eating lots of yogurt and drinking milk, low sodium and potassium and then eating acidifying foods (green beans, cucumber, parmesan cheese, strawberries, raspberries, aspartame, cranberry) but no calcium or magnesium supplements. The only supplements I'm taking are 450 mg of cranberry, 100 mg of B6 and 800 mg of folic acid.

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Yeah, I had a chemical in April just a few days after my BFP so we're back to TTC and this will be attempt #4 and we're BD lots through O and doing O+12 though, not Shettles. I'm trying so hard not to eat breakfast but I'm starving when I get up!

Quoting Jen4boys06:

That's what I did, as far as diet goes.  I skipped breakfast too.  We bd ALOT 2 weeks before O and I think stopped about 2 days before (I know, cutting it close! Maybe it was 3 days).  I didn't take any supplements though.  Once I got my bfp, it was so nice to eat breakfast again! I'm 28 weeks so hopefully we'll find out soon! I'm expecting a 5th boy (that's all I know!) but my kids, family, and friends all keep telling me "girl"

Quoting Kaybean:

Jen4boys06
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Skipping breakfast was so hard for me too! I'm always hungry in the morning! Sorry to hear about your chemical :(. Hoping you get your girl soon!!! We really weren't trying to use the Shettles, just kind of worked that way. I'll update the results sometime in October :) GL!

Quoting Kaybean:

Yeah, I had a chemical in April just a few days after my BFP so we're back to TTC and this will be attempt #4 and we're BD lots through O and doing O+12 though, not Shettles. I'm trying so hard not to eat breakfast but I'm starving when I get up!

Quoting Jen4boys06:

Quoting Kaybean:

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Thanks!

Quoting Jen4boys06:

Skipping breakfast was so hard for me too! I'm always hungry in the morning! Sorry to hear about your chemical :(. Hoping you get your girl soon!!! We really weren't trying to use the Shettles, just kind of worked that way. I'll update the results sometime in October :) GL!

Quoting Kaybean:

Quoting Jen4boys06:

Quoting Kaybean:

kcmminva79
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I'm on prenatal now. Skipping breakfast is normal for me. Got pH to 4.5 for July. Be sun Mon Tues. +opk wed. Cramp and sex hurt bad that night.... dh wanted me bad. Lol. Cramps Thurs calender said O day, all O symptoms gone late thurs eve. No bd until today.... I'm 5 dpo. Have back ache/ AF cramps.....very dull past 3 days
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN