Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

Hello everyone Im new to this. I am a 26 year old mother of 3 boys. I just had a baby boy in may and we are planning to try for a girl in February. I am going to be using the shettles method. I am very nervous because i dont know how to track my ovulation I tried this last month by watching my cm but i was pretty dry until the very end of the month. is there and advice on how to track? I am thinking of using the clearblue test by testing the day i think i ovulate and working my way backwards just to make sure, if that makes any sense. well any advice would be very appreciated. thank you.

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
savannahds
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM
3 moms liked this

My husband and I used the shettles method, I cut out pop almost completely and drank crystal light instead. I also took folic acid and sudafed to help create a more acidic invironment. The pH of the womans cervix seems to also play a big role. I started tracking my ovulation with an app on my phone to give me an estimate of when i should ovulate. Howeveer, since every woman is different i actually think it's best to start testing a few days before you think you are going to ovulate that way you don't miss it. Clear Blue actually makes ovulation tests now that tell you when you are getting ready to ovulate. We have 2 boys and are expecting our first daughter in December. Good luck :)

kcmminva79
by Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I had my 3rd boys at 26 too but had an IUD for 8 years, TTC for a girl now.  We are also using Shettles method.  I monitor my CM but I also use the first response OPK as well as a a few different calanders to get the best range of fertile days.  Today was day 3 of fertile days and the 1st sign of EWCM so where I was doing 1 test a day once the CM picks up a bit more or the test line seems a little darker I will begin testing twice a day.  Last month we stopped too soon before my +opk, this time we are going to stop the BDing when I get the +OPK.

The PH is my hard part, I can't seem to get it below 5-5.5 without the lime tampon.  I do the diet soda, cranberry pills, pernatal vitimans, magnesium and calcium via tums (those two are said to favor girls). 

Good luck!  I hope we both get out DD's!!!

amwelsh1
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Try charting your cm and cp and bbt with fertilityfriend.com. I always use that chart. It lets you make notes and put in when you bd and opk results and everything. Since you won't be ttc until february, you have time to see if there is a regular patern to your cycles if you start charting your bbt now. I used the shettles method and had my little girl after my 3 boys. Good luck!!!!!! 

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Aug. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
You NEED to be temping. I can't stress that enough. Tracking your BBT is the best, most accurate way to see when O has happened. I temp, check cervix and cm, use a saliva scope AND use OPKs all together. I use the Fertility Friend app temp every morning at 6 am via alarm, enter it in and then go back to bed. I've been temping for a year and I'm good enough at it now that I can tell when O is about to happen just by watching at my temp patterns. I think temping and OPKs are very important. Checking cm is great too, but not all women get ewcm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)