Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i a horrible person for feeling this way?

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

okay so I have three amazing boys that I wouldn't give for the world! I have been wanting a baby girl for the past almost 6 years and we have not gotten pregnant yet. My sister in law just hit 20 weeks and called to inform us guess what yup it is a girl....but it is not that I am not excited for them because I am but when she told me she was having a girl she said "I guess I will be giving our FIL that girl he has been asking for from u for the last ten years." I was crushed. This girl is high maientance and self centered and a spoilt brat to put it nicely so much so she is having 6 baby showers. I am heart broken. Am I a horrible person for feeling this way? I cant stop asking myself and God why her and not me....

by on May. 13, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abifasc
by on May. 14, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Wow that was mean!
3boysngirl
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I completely understand! I have 3 boys also and my bil first child was a girl. I was jealous, heartbroken cause I wanted that girl. I finally gotten my girl but of course my inlaws don't want nothing to do with her it's always about my bil girls :( jealousy is a natural you will get ur daughter:)
Kaybean
by Group Owner on May. 15, 2014 at 10:29 AM
That was way harsh of her. Some people don't even stop and think about what they're saying before they say it.
ajzuell
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 11:42 PM
That was so rude of her! She better be careful what she says cause just how easy God blessed her he can take it away!
kelly617
by New Member on May. 20, 2014 at 3:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Absolutely not...there was no reason she needed to be so bitchy about it
She knows you want a girl...she could have easily said something like "We found out its a girl! Hopefully you'll get your little girl soon so they can grow up together" or something not hideous

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)