Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm confused about the diet

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 188 Total Views
I saw in another post...

"Another step is to watch your diet. For a girl, try a pre-conception diet rich in calcium and magnesium. Cut down intake of salty foods and red meat. This will make your vagina more friendly to the X sperm, and LESS friendly to the Y sperm. This means, no chips and steak. Yogurt and fish are great."

Explain this to me. You want an acidic vagina, right? So why would you avoid red meat and salt, both of which create acid, but eat fish and dairy, both of which create acid? Got me confused here. If you're going for an acidic body environment, meat and dairy is the way to go. That being said, when I ate high calorie and ate meat, I conceived 3 boys. I lost both babies I conceived while ovo vegetarian before I found out what they were, but I wonder if I'm better able to conceive a girl with this diet since it is also lower calorie. Humph.

I guess I'm gonna at least get better about taking my cal-mag supplements. That I can do! How soon before TTC do you need to load up on cal mag for it to count??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
abifasc
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
This is WRONG. I'm serious. Foods rich in nutrients, especially calcium sways boy. IG is getting a lot of opposites with this diet. I encourage you to go to genderdreaming.com. Their info is much more up to date and current!!

Don't worry about ph at all...low ph kills ALL sperm, not just the xy. I would suggest you go vegetarian, and low everything...only take folic acid, low fat, low calorie (1500-1800cals daily minimum), low nutrient...no fruit juices or anything.

Please don't do this if you really hope to conceive a girl!
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:11 PM
I am vegetarian now, almost 2 years, so hopefully that's what will work for me.

But hearing that makes me think the 2 I lost were my girls...I had this feeling anyway :(

Quoting abifasc: This is WRONG. I'm serious. Foods rich in nutrients, especially calcium sways boy. IG is getting a lot of opposites with this diet. I encourage you to go to genderdreaming.com. Their info is much more up to date and current!!

Don't worry about ph at all...low ph kills ALL sperm, not just the xy. I would suggest you go vegetarian, and low everything...only take folic acid, low fat, low calorie (1500-1800cals daily minimum), low nutrient...no fruit juices or anything.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abifasc
by on Jun. 8, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Yes that's good! Also Shettles and o+12 has been debunked. The best sway plan for pink is only new attempt at +opk. You may think you might get pregnant this way, but I'm 5 weeks along after only our 2nd try!!

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: I am vegetarian now, almost 2 years, so hopefully that's what will work for me.

But hearing that makes me think the 2 I lost were my girls...I had this feeling anyway :(

Quoting abifasc: This is WRONG. I'm serious. Foods rich in nutrients, especially calcium sways boy. IG is getting a lot of opposites with this diet. I encourage you to go to genderdreaming.com. Their info is much more up to date and current!!

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:15 AM
I don't eat red meat anyway so I never worried about that. I strongly believe pH DOES matter though, a lot. You don't want it TOO low because yes, it can kill all sperm, but having your pH at 4-4.5 is optimal for girls and is actually the pH a vagina is MEANT to be at anyway. I ate an acifying diet but didn't take any magnesium and calcium supplements because for some women, it can actually raise pH. Your pH IMO, is the most important factor of swaying. I suggest buying a pH meter to monitor where you're at. I took cranberry supplements to become more acidic and they worked very well.
.sp4rkl3z.
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Just a regular old pH kit??

How far into your cycle do you sway? Like, within the few days leading up to O? Or do you need to be proactive the whole cycle?

Quoting Kaybean: I don't eat red meat anyway so I never worried about that. I strongly believe pH DOES matter though, a lot. You don't want it TOO low because yes, it can kill all sperm, but having your pH at 4-4.5 is optimal for girls and is actually the pH a vagina is MEANT to be at anyway. I ate an acifying diet but didn't take any magnesium and calcium supplements because for some women, it can actually raise pH. Your pH IMO, is the most important factor of swaying. I suggest buying a pH meter to monitor where you're at. I took cranberry supplements to become more acidic and they worked very well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Group Owner on Jun. 9, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Typically, you should start diet changes and supplements 6 weeks before TTC. Some women just lower their vagina's pH by using lime/acijel/rephresh or will use those things to lower it more if it's still too high after diet and supplements. For me, my pH was beautiful at 4.14 when I conceived and all I did was do an acififying diet and took cranberry supplements. I bought this pH meter:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/370344056748?nav=SEARCH

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.: Just a regular old pH kit??

How far into your cycle do you sway? Like, within the few days leading up to O? Or do you need to be proactive the whole cycle?

Quoting Kaybean: I don't eat red meat anyway so I never worried about that. I strongly believe pH DOES matter though, a lot. You don't want it TOO low because yes, it can kill all sperm, but having your pH at 4-4.5 is optimal for girls and is actually the pH a vagina is MEANT to be at anyway. I ate an acifying diet but didn't take any magnesium and calcium supplements because for some women, it can actually raise pH. Your pH IMO, is the most important factor of swaying. I suggest buying a pH meter to monitor where you're at. I took cranberry supplements to become more acidic and they worked very well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)