Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intoductions

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM
  • 231 Replies
  • 8657 Total Views

So this group is picking up so I thought an intro post would be appropriate so we all know each other a little and get to know each mom's background. I will be the first to start.

My name is Kayleen. I'm a 24 year old sahm. I have 2 boys ages 5 and 10 months. I got pregnant when I was 18 and a senior in high school. I also have a 10 month old with my fiance who was again another boy! Neither pregnancy was planned so I wasn't using any conception methods to try for either gender. Next time around we will be TRYING and I will use every trick I learn to get a girl because we both agree that the 3rd will be our last (I think anyway..unless its a 3rd boy..lol). I was actually on birth control both times I got pregnant. The first time I was on the pill and I admit I did forget to take it several times. The second time I was on the patch and used it on time every week so I don't know what happened there? My sister had a boy, I had 2 boys and my mom had 2 more boys with her new hubby so that is 5 boys all 6 and under! Several of my friends have had babies as well and almost all of them had boys. I want to break the pattern with a girl sooo badly! I want a girl more than I can even explain. People say "well a healthy baby is all that matters" and although health is #1 of course, gender absolutely DOES matter to us a great deal. Anyway I'm blabbing so share your story!

To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may just be the world

by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto2babyboys
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM
Hi! My name is Katrina and I am 24! I am married to my wonderful husband, Nathan. We have 2 boys, a 3 yo and a 1yo. We both really really want a little girl! We are going to start trying again in August for our last, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is a little girl!

JMDKRW
by Member on Mar. 10, 2008 at 9:40 PM
My name is Jeanie, 34, mother of two boy's (6 1/2 years and 14 months). Actively trying one last time and would love to have a girl but this is it. We would be perfectly fine with another healthy baby boy although I long to have a daughter. I am a little scared of not getting the news that we want once we have conceived but I thought my last one would be a girl and was wrong. I am trying all the little scientific things to try for a girl. We will see, good luck to all!
myboyzrule
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 10:35 PM
Hi, my name is Nicole. I am a 29 yr old stay at home mom.  I live in a northern suburb of the twin cities in Minnesota.  I have a wonderful husband that supports me and my decision to try for a girl.  It's ironic to me a little because with my first pregnancy I really wanted a boy and I hardly ever fantasied about a girl.  It was always boy thoughts.  After I got my first boy, age 3 now.  I decided that maybe I would try for a girl the second time around.  I found a really cool calendar on web md that you can choose trying for a girl or boy.  It helps you track when to have sex and when to abstain.  I also read the book by Dr. Shettles.  All in all I ended up prego the first month of trying this method with my second son.  So if you are thinking of trying this just keep in mind nothing is 100%.  It might swing your odds slightly in your favor.  I also had a friend try the shettles method for a boy after she had a girl.  She was positive it would be a boy because she followed every step.  Never the less she had another daughter.  I have heard of other theories that also say that timing a couple days after ovulation favors girls.  But I think shettles still stands to be the most accurate to date for results.  So all being said I am debating trying Shettles one more time as well  as trying a girl diet and testing my ph.  I didn't do that last time.  I'd love to have a little girl now that I've had my boys.  A little girl would really balance our family out.  I don't think we'll be trying until about 6 months from now.  Wishing everyone much luck!
proud2beamom81
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Hello, My name is Kristy. I am 26 yrs old and I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have a 19 month old boy and he is a blessing. My husband and I were trying for 4 yrs before I got pregnant with my son. I have very irregular cycles and I was diagnosed with PCOS and I would get pregnant but I would miscarry. So I thought I would ask my doctor for some help and they wanted to put me on medication and I am against some medications so I did research on it and I didn't want to try it so I looked up some herbs and I came across these pills called Fertility blend and so my husband and I tried them and I didn't think it was working but to my surprise it did because I got pregnant within a month and a half of using them. I felt blessed, and I really wanted to have a girl first but I was happy with what ever god wanted to bless us with because we were trying for so long. Well, now that I have my wonderful son I still want to try for my little princess. I only want 2 kids, one of each. So I am now taking the fertility blend by myself this time and I hope I get pregnant soon and I hope I get a girl.
Baby dust to everyone and I hope everyone gets their girls!!!
Mamamarymac
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2008 at 12:03 PM
Hi, my name is Mary Kay and I am a 32 year old SAHM to a beautiful 13 month old son. I was trying to follow the "How to have a girl" program the first time we decided to have a baby, but I got pregnant so much faster than I thought I would so I did not have time to really watch and keep the charts, etc. We were following some of the steps but not to the letter, and obviously we ended up with a beautiful boy that I know God meant for us to have. Part of what makes this so hard for me is that I lost my mother to Alzheimer's in March of 2006, after an 8 year battle, for most of which I was her main care-giver. I thought for sure God would understand that I wanted a daughter because I wanted to re-create that Mother-Daughter bond that I had just lost with my own mother, but many of my friends have told me that little boys never leave their Mama's and that girls can get catty with their mama's when they get older, etc. so this may be God's way of giving that bond back to me, just not in the way that I expected. And I love my son more than my own life, obviously, and my husband and I named him after my mama's father, to honor her memory. BUT, all that said, we can only afford to have 2 children, and I really want the second (and last) one to be a girl! I'm sure some of you will understand when I say that it is a soul-deep longing, an almost painful feeling, that i want a daughter to love and raise and enjoy. I want pink and dresses and bows and dolls, and even if she turns out to be the worlds biggest Tom Boy and hates all those things, thats OK too, because one day she will get married and I will get to help plan a wedding and then help during her pregnancies and births, etc. I JUST WANT A LITTLE GIRL, and this seemed like the place where I could say that and be understood. Of course if we have another son he will be just as much loved as our first, and of course the fact that the baby is healthy is the most important thing, but it seemed like here I would not get judged for wanting to complete our family with a daughter like I sometimes am on other boards.

It will probably be 6 months to a year or more before we start trying again, but I wanted to go ahead and join this group and get started on the charts and read the latest ideas, etc. so this time I make sure I follow whatever program we decide to try exactly to the letter so I can have the best chance of setting the odds in our favor!

Thanks for "listening"!

Nursing my son has been one of the most positive, loving, and rewarding experiences of my life. I understand it's not for everyone, but for me and my family it was and continues to be the perfect choice. I wish all pregnant women out there good luck should they chose to nurse!

Nemhs
by on Mar. 22, 2008 at 1:25 AM
hi my name is Doris 21 married with one 4 month old son. my husband i agreed on trying to get pg again. we both want a little girl. if this one turns out to be a boy then we'll try for a third time if no girl then thats it for us.
ajsmomma503
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2008 at 6:34 PM
Hi I'm Nicole. I'm 26 and have an 11mo old boy named Anthony. We live in carroll county, Maryland. I want a little girl desperately! This will be our last child so I'm really hoping we get a girl.
Renetiny4
by Member on Apr. 6, 2008 at 7:37 PM
hello every one am new to the site am 30 years old me and my husband been married 3years now we have one child together and he have adopted  my three boys so have four children all boys 15,13,7,4months  i really want a girl we are going to try in august
ecagle
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 9:05 PM
Hi! My name is Eliza and my husband is Thomas.  We have two beautiful little boys: Cameron (almost 3) and Brendan (15 months).  We would love one or two more little ones and I'm really hoping for a little girl. Right now I'm a 5th grade teacher, but I'm going to be a SAHM starting this summer.  I just want to spend time with my boys this year.  I'm thinking that we'll probably start trying to conceive sometime in the next 1-2 years.  I have no idea though...I guess it's better to just take things one day at a time.

Eliza
langumgirl
by New Member on Apr. 12, 2008 at 7:56 PM
Hi All,

My name is Becca! I am 27 yo and live in Redding, CA which is in northern California, about two and a half hours north of Sacramento. I have two boys, one is 10 yo and the other is 2 yo. I had my oldest son Brandon when I was a senior is high school as well at 17. I then got married at 24 to my husband Jed, we then had Colton. We are only going to have one more baby and I really want a girl!! I love my two boys more then words can say, but I want my little princess. We are actively trying to conceive. I was on the nuva ring since I had Colton and took it out last month. We didn't get pregnant the first month... Hopefully this month... and hopefully a GIRL!!! I agree with Kaybeen about health is the number 1 priority... but I want a girl so badly. So I will keep my fingers crossed for us all!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)