• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody else feel like this??

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 276 Total Views

Ok, so the hubby and I have recently started TTC our girl and while the thought of finally getting our little princess is awesome, the act of getting there...well its boring. I don't know if boring is the right word to use, but there are SO many rules that go along with it all i guess its just weird...? There is just no sexyness, or romance, or passion. It just feels more like a chore. Anyway, just needed to vent and wondered if we were crazy or if anybody else felt the same.

ttc

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
travswife55
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Before we had our first son my hubby and I tried for a couple years.  I know exactly how you feel.  It was more about temperatures and positions then it was about letting loose and having fun per say......Good luck!

aliciatron
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM

oh i definitely agree!

UrPrincess
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I kinda know how you feel.. so this is what my husband and I are doing...  we are having sex 3-4 days before ovulation, someone also suggested this supplement to help bring up sperm count,.. so he is taking those and he is eating lots of dairy ( my neighbors have this baby drama thing going on,. where her fiance has had like four girls in the last like year.. all same dad and all he does is drink milk and eat ice cream.. so what the heck we thought we would try it)  but we also got some toys to keep things interested at the same time.. so when I get pregnant.. I get pregnant.. but atleast it never gets burnt out

Kaybean
by Group Owner on Feb. 15, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Well I haven't run into that problem yet, but I can imagine it would get old taht way after awhile. I would suggest sticking to the rules and all that when your TTC, but once you've already ovulated and TTC for that month is over, have fun when you can! If you want to use protection during the times you're just going with the flow, then go ahead, but if you know you have already ovulated for the month and are past ovulation by a few days or have begun your period, don't be afraid to let loose and being some spark back.

busymomwithboys
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM

I can understand what your going through, if it works i guess its worth it but if it doesnt work, seems like a waste of time ( ina way).  GOod Luck ;)

shell1m
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Girl sperm lives longer than boy sperm, so really all you need to do is have sex BEFORE you start to ovulate.  Your chances of a girl will be greatly increased.  good luck!!

A mother of two great little boys!  :)         twin boys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)