Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just was wondering how everybody is doing????

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 266 Total Views

How is everyone?  How are your furbabies?

Mine are fine, Kody is going in for his first senior wellness visit next month.  This will be the first time for both of us on that.  He also has some kind of ear infection that has been going on for a few months. We got meds for it and it got better, now it is bad again.  And we are always dealing with his ongoing asthma.

The girls are doing fine.  My little one, Karli seems to like snuggling more with me now that she is a little older and can be still for a short amount of time, lol!  Kassi (my daughter's dog) is just as precious as ever :-)

Tell me about you and your babies!!! :-)

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
beckie66
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Aww, I hope Kody's ear gets better soon, poor baby.

Oscar is doing fine.  I gave him a shower yesterday because he smelled like 'dog' - LOL!  We have had a hard winter and he just won't go to the bathroom outside no matter how hard I try and how much encouraging babytalk I do to him (I am sure if anyone is listening to me they think I am insane!  LOL!) but other than that he is his same frisky self :)  He has been quite the snuggler this winter, too.  He just wants to keep warm!  

buryherdead
by on Jan. 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM

As you know I just had a baby :) and everything is going great there.. Having 2 little ones under 2 hasn't been as chaotic as I had imagined, which is great lol.. Def busy but not as bad and stressful as I thought. I wanted to say though.. You've inspired me (and DH will probably chop my head off if he happened to read this) but I love how you have your own doxies and your daughter has one.. it makes me want my daughters to have their own little weenie when they get bigger it would be so cute lol :)

fibromom
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Quoting buryherdead:

As you know I just had a baby :) and everything is going great there.. Having 2 little ones under 2 hasn't been as chaotic as I had imagined, which is great lol.. Def busy but not as bad and stressful as I thought. I wanted to say though.. You've inspired me (and DH will probably chop my head off if he happened to read this) but I love how you have your own doxies and your daughter has one.. it makes me want my daughters to have their own little weenie when they get bigger it would be so cute lol :)

Yes, And I've seen the pictures, your new little one is adorable!!!!  I'm glad things are going great for you guys!  That is so funny that I inspired you.  I got a my doxie, Kody first and then my daughter just loved him to pieces. He is like her little brother, they have been together for over 8 years now. I swear they fight like real kids sometimes, lol!  We did have a big dog that we kept outside, but he got ran over and we had to put him to sleep. Anyway.....I asked her about another dog after a while and of course she wanted a doxie of her own.  We got her a dog from relatives, so no papers or anything, but she is actually Kody's niece.  That is why they have some of the similar problems, bad breeding (but we didn't know this stuff at the time).  Anyway, I got my newest little one because I know that Kody won't be here forever, so I started over again.  It is definitely like having a newborn in the house, lol.  We'll now that she is almost two, she is like a toddler, haha.

Sorry for rambling on.....I got carried away talking about my passion ;-) 

tnlizard
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Hey everyone...I'm still here!  Let me see where to begin.  

Rusty, (my elderly doxie) started arthritis meds this winter, and boy do they make a difference!  I've about decided to leave him on them thru the cold months anyway.  He had also moved into the corner of the kitchen now from the garage.  I'm really surprised he's only had two accidents in the house, and he's not house trained!  I think he's gotten quite used to being spoiled like the girls. He's so funny, when the girls go outside, and come back in, he waddles over to the gate also to get a treat!  For What? They do the work, and he gets the reward!

Daisy & Dottie have become hermits during this cold season.  They lay in our lap under a blanket in the evenings, sleep under the covers at our feet during the night, and they sleep with my son during the day! (he works night shift,)  I honestly didn't know dogs could sleep so much!    Dottie is our little snuggler..She goes to the vet next month for her checkup...I'm afraid he'll say she is gaining too much weight.  She's not as long as Daisy, but when you pick her up..she feels like a rock!

~Take care everyone, and stay warm and healthy!  Hope Kody's ears gets better...do they stink? Boy the girls ears stink when they get infections.   Shoooooooo!

lexismum03
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

My trixie is doing great. She hates the cold pretty much. She turned 1 on Jan 5th. So this winter has been her first experience with snow. At first she wouldn't step foot in it. Now she runs and plays in it. She would rather be inside on the couch snoozing though! Such a lazy bones! She still goes potty in her crate. I cannot seem to get her out of that habit. BUT if I let her run around when I'm gone she would poop on the floor in a heart beat. She is house trained as long as you take her out as soon as she decides its time or she has no problem going on the floor. Little booger. I'm trying to convince my husband we need another one! lol 

Mommasboy02
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Hi all !  My Brock is doing the same.  Well, he just seems to be a more layed back dog these days.  He's only 2 but he is so spoiled and has gained a few pounds since last year.  He lays around alot and is just become such a loving lap dog.  I love him to death.  I remember when he was a puppy and I wanted him to bark then when he started barking and running around playing I wanted him to be a layed back lap dog and waalaa.... Here he is.  I bet he might have been different had I gotten another Doxie to grow up with him.  He's been a loner.  Although he has his Cousin, Sandy (Cassandra) who is a Bassett Hound around his age that he spends everyday with.  All in all Brock is a happy go lucky baby.  He had a good Christmas and he can't wait until Summer so he won't have to freeze his noggins off when he goes pottie.

beckie66
by on Jan. 23, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Quoting Mommasboy02:

Hi all !  My Brock is doing the same.  Well, he just seems to be a more layed back dog these days.  He's only 2 but he is so spoiled and has gained a few pounds since last year.  He lays around alot and is just become such a loving lap dog.  I love him to death.  I remember when he was a puppy and I wanted him to bark then when he started barking and running around playing I wanted him to be a layed back lap dog and waalaa.... Here he is.  I bet he might have been different had I gotten another Doxie to grow up with him.  He's been a loner.  Although he has his Cousin, Sandy (Cassandra) who is a Bassett Hound around his age that he spends everyday with.  All in all Brock is a happy go lucky baby.  He had a good Christmas and he can't wait until Summer so he won't have to freeze his noggins off when he goes pottie.

LOL!!!  I totally hear you!  Oscar lifts his leg to go on the mailbox, and nothing comes out!  He tries to go outside, it just doesn't always happen. 

And I forgot to add that yucky little man will go out and freeze his butt off to eat bunny poop....EEEWWWWW!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)