Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow! 2lbs!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 217 Total Views

I took Dottie to the vet this morning for her yearly shots & checkup.  Dottie is now 3, and we had her fixed last year.  She has gained two whole pounds in one year...The vet said that was Ok, but she didn't need to gain any more.  We call Dottie our low-rider, she is shorter in length & legs than Daisy.  They eat the same. both are fixed...but Dottie tends to be a little chunky...Anybody else have chunky doxies?  Any suggestions?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
beckie66
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:09 PM

No chunky-monkey here yet...maybe like people she is just prone to be a little bigger no matter what you do?

BigSkyHarmony
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM

None of my doxies were over weight at that young of an age, but now that they are older, they have gotten chunky, so we only feed them once a day. My doxies are 14, and 12 so they don't need to eat as much because they're not that active anymore. Good luck with Dottie!

lexismum03
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 11:14 AM

my doxie isn't chunky unless she eats to much then she waddles for awhile and then its all better...lol

fibromom
by on Mar. 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I have two doxies with longer legs so they are not heavy at all.  Now, my youngest one has the shortest little legs and is so tiny compared to the other two.  She is a tiny bit chunky, not too bad though so I think it is cute!

jcmommy2004
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I have a chunker she had back problems and was put on steroids, so she gained a ton of weight we are trying to makie her walk more, she doesn't really eat alot tho I guess its just all packed on from the steroids

Mommasboy02
by on Mar. 16, 2010 at 11:51 AM

When I got Brock as a puppy they told me he would only get max of 11 pounds but he now weighs 18ish...  I feed him anything he wants and give him treats too.  He doesn't really look fat or overweight now but he sure is heavy.  I used to be able to pick him up with one arm but not now.  He's a happy doggie though.  He will be 3 soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)