Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car Rides

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:30 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

Do you carrier your dogs for car rides, or do you just let them roam free?

Oscar loves his carrier, and is very good in the car in it - no whining or crying or anything.  I cannot imagine letting him be loose in the car, in case of accidents, or him getting under my feet, or Gage hurting him or something.  I used to have bigger dogs that would just go in the car, but this is my first small dog. 

preview image    

Owner of Older First-Time Mamas

Owner of Mamas of 2004 Babies

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 6:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jcmommy2004
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:21 AM

we let ours just roam free daisy loves to ride on my hubbys lap and the other two are always in the back seat on the floor or on the back seat. Scooter doesnt really like the car to much hes getting better tho.

shelly70461
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM

My Winnie hates leaving the house so she doesn't go for rides..I think she is agoraphobic, but I can't afford the ween whisperer to fix her. Last time we took her out in the car it was when we evacuated for Katrina, she sat on my lap the whole time we where on the road.

Ginny's Mom
AlexBrandonmom
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I have a minivan so Fred my oldest rides in the middle seat.  Peanut likes to roam all over the van. He likes to play with his squeaky toys or sit on someone's lap while watching out the window

tnlizard
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Daisy always stands up so she can see out the passenger window...If someone is with us....she stands on their lap....She loves to go thru the drive-thru at the local convience store...(they give doggie treats) She don't understand why she don't get one at the bank..she will nearly go out the window at a drive in window..expecting a treat! She loves to ride!

BusyMom5x
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Both Sugar & Morgan insist on sitting on someone's lap.

mom_of_3_angels
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 7:11 PM

If the front seat is free my baby rides there in his car seat. He loves it because it's elevated and he can see out of the window. If hubs is with me he rides in the back either in his seat or on one of the girls laps.

dragonflie
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Bella is not a big fan of car rides so when we go she sits on my lap or my husband.  She gets all nervous and shakes so we don't go on many rides with her.

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

Stop by and sign my guess book, I finally figured out how to add it to my homepage!

Booberry
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 8:17 AM

Jasmine LOVES going bye-bye.  All I have to do is get my coat and she's running around in circles and heads for the door.  She runs right out, jumps in and climbs on my lap.  Where ever I sit and is where she sits. She loves looking out the window. 

My Daschund - JASMINE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)