• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coyote and strays

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:51 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 146 Total Views

We live in the cornfields, and a coyote marked our garage - Oscar and I were actually out when it happened - it was 6am on a Saturday morning, it was still dark, and I heard one call from the backroad behind our house and the other answer from right behind our house.  When I went out a few hours later (in daylight) I saw the pee spot.  I was not too happy that one was that close to our house.  I am extra careful taking Oscar out at night now.  And last night when we were out there was a stray dog in our front yard.  He went trotting away when Oscar started barking, but still, I do not like to be surprised like that at night.  When we first got Oscar, we had a HUGE stray dog by our house for two nights - he was a Great Dane/lab mix - and he just kept barking and barking outside of our house.  He ended up being extremely friendly and well-trained.  Long story short - a neighbor lady and I caught him and she took him to the vet so they could locate the owner as he was reported missing.  Never a dull moment!

puppy 

preview image    

Owner of Older First-Time Mamas

Owner of Mamas of 2004 Babies

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jcmommy2004
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Oh thats so scary. Just be very careful and hopeful they will move on and not stick around your house. do you have motion lights at your house, maybe that will help keep the coyotes away??

beckie66
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I just read about using motion lights to help keep them away.  I am going to have to look into that.

preview image    

Owner of Older First-Time Mamas

Owner of Mamas of 2004 Babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)