Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food for Thought: Why Do Breastfeeding Moms Want to Share Pictures on Social Networking Sites?

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 8:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 1319 Total Views
Tell us your answer to this question. We'll pick a responses to share on the LMJ blog.
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ChaoticBliss
by on Oct. 2, 2007 at 10:59 PM
My personal opinion is; I enjoy talking to other moms who breastfeed. Moms who may have been through the same trials as I have, and moms who will understand and relate to my "Milk squirted EVERYWHERE!" stories. I feel the same way about sharing photos. I appreciate those moms who are not afraid to bare their breasts to feed their children, I see nothing wrong with photographing what is a beautiful moment, and even less with sharing the picture with other moms who understand the feeling of finally getting a good latch. And what better place to share this than a social networking site?

Samara Elise Alexandrea 12.31.03Caesar Noel 08.29.06TTC #3
☆☆☆Rain Babies

Elizabeth4980
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 5:55 PM
I think photos of babies breastfeeding are just as cute and natural as the ones people post of babies with pureed peas all over their face or babies sleeping.  I mean, why does anyone post any pictures of their kids?  Because you are proud of them, you want everyone else to see what you are so lucky to see every day, and who doesn't love a cute baby pic? 

~*Elizabeth*~

Proud Mom of Mitchell, Henry, and Violet and owner of...

Blaine Area Moms www.cafemom.com/group/blaineareamoms

Laid-back Mamas www.cafemom.com/group/laidbackmamas

babygirlsierra
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 9:50 PM
The reason why we share our pictures on social networking sites is because we got nothing to hide and breastfeeding a natural, beautiful gift that we women were made for to provide to our children. I'm proud that I'm a breastfeeding mother and would love to show my child breastfeeding. We're proud of our breastfeeding children, it also helps us educate other mothers who are looking at breastfeeding their babies. Knowing that breastfeeding has a lot of benifits and we can share our expiernces not just by pictures but by talking about it also.  Doing this (sharing our pictures of our children breastfeeding) will also help educate other on why we are not ashamed but proud of breastfeeding and the bond that we share with our children, the bond that will last forever.

polirishmomma
by on Oct. 5, 2007 at 10:23 PM
because its normal and for society to tell us we are dirty is such an insult to our basic humanity.  how dare we feed our children?  the one senator who was supporting the BF mommies at the applebees todo had a perfect slogan "small children not allowed to eat".   you don't hear me asking the waitress to move your obnoxious brat who is chewing with their mouth open and whooping and hollering and throwing things.  so excuse me if my child is making drinking noises.  kiss my ass.  i hate ignorance and this is one of the most blatant forms of it.  i remember the episode of Penn and Tellers Bullshit where they discussed the BF debate and this one woman in NY was saying an exposed breast for feeding was as bad as a sex offeneder and the woman was wearing a low cut top and the camera zoomed in on.....HER BREASTS.  dumb whore.  so fighting the good fight against ignorant bimbos like her is why women are so willing to fight the good fight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)