Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:36 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 193 Total Views

I'm new to the group. I just found out my dad has multiple myeloma cancer. I don't know too much about it and am hoping that I can continue to find out more. My dad is in stage 2 right now and he's doing pretty good but is having some kidney problems. He just got a biopsy done of his kidneys and we're waiting for results on how damaged they've become. It's hard for me because my mom doesn't want us discussing it much with people outside of immediate family. I feel safer coming to CM to ask questios and share feelings than I do with her. She's very dramatic and has convinced herself that my dad only has 3 years left to live when in actuality my dad's doctor said he can live anywhere from 5 - 10 years. He's very blessed because a new doctor has moved to the area who specializes in Multiple Myeloma and may be able to help him too. But I wanted to join a group because I don't know how to feel right now and if things get worse, I know I'll need more support. Thank you for reading.

yellow ribbonCeleste, Proud Wife of a United States Soldier
 "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of freedom."
President John F. Kennedy, 1961
"I am humbled by those who have made the ultimate sacrifice that allow a free civilization to endure and flourish, It only remains for us, the heirs of their legacy, to have the courage and the character to follow their lead and to preserve America as the greatest nation on Earth and the last, best hope for mankind."                                       President George W Bush, May 26, 2008

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)