Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddler in sports?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 464 Total Views
Can anyone tell me where I can find info on how old your child has to be to play any of the area sports or activities? I have a son that is about to turn 3 and I would like to know what I can enroll him in. (yes I know that is young, but they do have places that offer that age.) He needs to run around and met some friends.

TIA!

Jeana
by on Jul. 19, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kanddbjork
by New Member on Jul. 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM

My friend takes her son to Karate and he's 2 1/2. I don't recall which one in particular though, sorry :(

You could also take him to Kids in Action or the Little Gym.

My last suggestion would be to join a playgroup, I organize one and we do lots of activities he would find fun and interesting. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out :) http://www.meetup.com/totsandtikes/

God luck!

begamom
by New Member on Sep. 3, 2009 at 9:50 PM

check with the ymca in kingwood. I think they have soccer and teeball for 3 year olds.

ClarksMom1
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Tee-ball is for the 3-5 year olds.  Soccer you have to be 5 at the Y

Clark & Wyatt's mommybackpacktoddler boy

Dylansmommy1017
by on Jan. 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I had a friend who took her 2.5 yr old boy to gymnastics. He had a blast. He tumbled, ran, and did kid stuff but she said it got out the energy. And all the work was done on the mats so it was safe. It is in Crosby as that is where I live.

connor07mom
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 1:42 PM

I just signed my three year old up for soccer through the Y. The offered soccer, and I beleive T-ball for his age. They have an online site. Also, in Spring they play indoor soccer for their age group..

TWpioneer
by Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 11:19 PM

You can try the Little Gym of Kingwood- I put my 15 mo. old DD there. They start young! Its been great seeing her grow and learn! She's much more athletic now!

Also, you can try Gymboree! In Spring

MArmas616
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2010 at 4:59 PM
you can try FFPS.org as well. I'm not sure how young they start though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)