Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hockey Christmas...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

Is anyone buying hockey equipment for Christmas gifts? I'm probably buying Matt a new stick, and some gloves for my daughters step son. That's it for this year, but I think Matt will be getting new skates for his birthday. Is anyone in any Christmas tournaments? My daughters step son is, so we will go see those games. Matt is off for Christmas break. After this weekend the next game is January 9th.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BostonHockeymom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM

Yeah we're probably going to buy Adam a new pair of skates since he's almost outgrown his current skates. We'll probably get him a new stick and a few other things. He wants some Bruins stuff for his room too so we'll probably get him some Bruins stuff. I'm probably going to go to Pure Hockey in Braintree to shop for him. We don't have any Christmas tournaments, Adam is off until January 8th.

Quoting kaarina:

Is anyone buying hockey equipment for Christmas gifts? I'm probably buying Matt a new stick, and some gloves for my daughters step son. That's it for this year, but I think Matt will be getting new skates for his birthday. Is anyone in any Christmas tournaments? My daughters step son is, so we will go see those games. Matt is off for Christmas break. After this weekend the next game is January 9th.

kaarina
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM

Try Philbricks. It's quite a hike up to Dover NH, but well worth it. We get a lot of Matt's things there. Last Christmas we bought Matt Warrior hockey gloves that were regular priced at $225 for $99. If you know what size you need and what you are looking for, you can find them at www.hockey.philbricks.net

There's also a shop in Hudson, NH. where we have bought Matt's skates recently, and where I take his equipment to be cleaned. It's about 2 minutes from the Cyclones Arena. It's called No Icing Sports. They are the nicest people to deal with and their prices are good too.

I am going to Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington where the Bruins practice to look at sticks. They sell the Bruins practice sticks there at more than half the price off. The Bruins players use them one time to practice and then sell them in the pro shop. they are professional grade sticks so they last longer too, since they are built a little stronger than what you can get in the store.

BostonHockeymom
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Oh thanks. I'm looking at Philbrick's page now and if I see anything Adam needs I might make the drive up there this Saturday. Wow that's a great deal.

We're familar with the Hudson, NH area now that we've been up there 3 times lol. But if they have any skates that Adam would like that would be greatful. He likes Reebok for his skates so I'll look at see if they have any in his size. He wears a size 13 now, darn kid he's growing like crazy. I hope he doesn't go up another size anytime soon.

I might look at the pro shop up there in Wilmington to look for sticks. Adam can always use new sticks. It's shopping for my younger son Matt that's going to drive me crazy because Matt's a goalie so we're going to have to buy some goalie equipment for him, we can thank Adam for making him a goalie lol.

Oh well no matter what I'm going to have fun hockey shoppping lol. I might just take Adam with me in case I need to fit him for skates.

Quoting kaarina:

Try Philbricks. It's quite a hike up to Dover NH, but well worth it. We get a lot of Matt's things there. Last Christmas we bought Matt Warrior hockey gloves that were regular priced at $225 for $99. If you know what size you need and what you are looking for, you can find them at www.hockey.philbricks.net

There's also a shop in Hudson, NH. where we have bought Matt's skates recently, and where I take his equipment to be cleaned. It's about 2 minutes from the Cyclones Arena. It's called No Icing Sports. They are the nicest people to deal with and their prices are good too.

I am going to Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington where the Bruins practice to look at sticks. They sell the Bruins practice sticks there at more than half the price off. The Bruins players use them one time to practice and then sell them in the pro shop. they are professional grade sticks so they last longer too, since they are built a little stronger than what you can get in the store.

kaarina
by Group Owner on Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:56 AM

I went to Ristuccia yesterday. They don't have any pro sticks left.: (

BostonHockeymom
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Darnit really? Well thanks for letting me know so I don't waste a trip. I was still thinking of going up there though.

Quoting kaarina:

I went to Ristuccia yesterday. They don't have any pro sticks left.: (

hockeymomsue64
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 11:48 AM

We already have bought Danny's Christmas presents. We bought him a new stick, new pair of skates and new elbow and knee pads since he's outgrown his old ones. He has his last games this weekend until January 9th.

BostonHockeymom
by on Dec. 19, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I drove up to the No Icing Sports place in Hudson yesterday. I took Adam with me so he could try on skates. I bought him a pair of Bauer skates they were priced at $169.99 but marked down to $119. So he got one of his Christmas presents early. I'm still looking at sticks and a few other things. I usually go to Pure Hockey in Braintree but I like No Icing Sports as well.

We went out to eat afterwards and Adam was flirting with some girls at the next table. They told him they love his accent lol.

kaarina
by Group Owner on Dec. 22, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Great buy on the skates. The last skates I bought Matt cost me $700. He wore them for almost 3 months and at one game, he got hit with a slapshot in the foot and his skate shattered to pieces. Easton replaced them for free, but they aren't great skates. At least not for a defenseman that is getting hit with pucks a lot. Maybe we will try Bauers next.

Quoting BostonHockeymom:

I drove up to the No Icing Sports place in Hudson yesterday. I took Adam with me so he could try on skates. I bought him a pair of Bauer skates they were priced at $169.99 but marked down to $119. So he got one of his Christmas presents early. I'm still looking at sticks and a few other things. I usually go to Pure Hockey in Braintree but I like No Icing Sports as well.

We went out to eat afterwards and Adam was flirting with some girls at the next table. They told him they love his accent lol.

BostonHockeymom
by on Dec. 22, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Wow thanks for the heads up on Easton. Adam likes Bauer he says they are the most comfortable for him. At least they replaced them for free, $700 is a pretty penny to pay for skates. Adam has also used Reebok but he doesn't really like them. I'm hoping I can get him his stick today, I already know which stick to get him so he doesn't have to go with me.

Quoting kaarina:

Great buy on the skates. The last skates I bought Matt cost me $700. He wore them for almost 3 months and at one game, he got hit with a slapshot in the foot and his skate shattered to pieces. Easton replaced them for free, but they aren't great skates. At least not for a defenseman that is getting hit with pucks a lot. Maybe we will try Bauers next.

Quoting BostonHockeymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)