Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scouts showing up to look at your son

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

My son Ryan had a scout show up to look at him yesterday. He didn't score any goals, but he had 1 assist and had 1 penalty which was a roughing call at 9:14 of the 3rd period. The assist he had was on a Powerplay at 13:53 of the 2nd period. His team won the game 4-3. Now the scouts were still there when he got his penalty call and left right after. So I'm wondering if his penalty had anything to do with them leaving.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kaarina
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Scouts don't normally stay for the whole game. They probably saw what they wanted to see from your son, and will get in touch with either your son or your son's coach.

katmom68
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Ok cool. I was getting worried that he didn't play good and they left on him. I was at his game yesterday but couldn't make it to today's game and I remember him telling me there was going to be another scout at his game today.

kaarina
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I think that the fact the scout stayed until the third period is encouraging. I've seen scouts stay the first period, and then leave. 

BostonHockeymom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM

The scouts I've seen at Adam's games usually don't stay past the 1st period either. Adam hasn't had a scout to show up and watch him, at least not yet.

katmom68
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I'm not sure why they stayed so long. Right after Ryan went to the penalty box is when they left.

BostonHockeymom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Adam's got a friend that's going to put together a DVD of Adam's greatest plays and we're going to send it to a few schools. We'll see if anyone comes out to scout him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)