Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adam is complaining about his arm hurting

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 389 Total Views

Adam just got done telling me that he thinks he pulled a muscle in his arm, he said it feels kind of numb and is sore and kind of feels broken (here he goes with his famous its broken line). I don't know what to do it says it's hard for him to lift anything with that arm and his other arm feels fine. It's his left arm that's bothering him. He doesn't want to go to the hospital because he wants to play through the injury. He refuses to take any pain killers. This is the same area he got bruised last Sunday right around the bicep of the arm. He can't even lift weights, he tried and dropped the whole bar. His kettlebell is 35 pounds and it bothers him when he lifts that too. He wants to up to a 70 pound kettlebell. I don't know if this was something he did while working out, at practice or during the game, I'm betting it was when he bruised it.

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DandEMom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Well that really stinks - does he have a trainer with hockey to look at it?  I hope it's just pulled.  So stubborn, huh!!!  They always want to play through it, these hockey kids LOL!!!  Keep us posted, hope he is ok.

BostonHockeymom
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM

Yeah but he don't want anyone to find out about it because he wants to keep playing. Oh yeah he's a very stubborn kid. I know it, I wish he'd just get it looked at so we can get it fixed if something's wrong.

Quoting DandEMom:

Well that really stinks - does he have a trainer with hockey to look at it?  I hope it's just pulled.  So stubborn, huh!!!  They always want to play through it, these hockey kids LOL!!!  Keep us posted, hope he is ok.

kaarina
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM

It's a good idea to ask the trainer. That's what he's there for.

BostonHockeymom
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 10:13 AM

He's telling me that it doesn't bother him anymore so he don't think he needs to get it looked at. He asked me if something was wrong with it if it would still hurt and I said yeah most likely and he said good it doesn't hurt anymore and I asked him if he was sure and he said yeah. He'll play through it, one of his friends told him he should get it looked at because he might of broke something. He can swing his arm and I asked him if it hurt and he said no.

Why are our hockey boys so stubborn and babies when it comes to pain? He took his bottle of Vikodin and threw it away. Ugh, he's suppose to be taking them for the pain because he suffered a major bruise last Sunday.

BostonHockeymom
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Adam had a game last night. He had one assist and they won 4-2. He's told me that he wants to play through this and refuses to get his arm looked at but I want to make sure he's ok, I don't know why he has to be so stubborn. I'd rather make sure it's ok and go on from there, if he needs to rehab it for awhile he can rehab it but he doesn't want to do it that way. I don't know how to make him go to the doctor at this point. He is so addicted to hockey that he won't give it up for a second and is probably scared that he broke it. I just wish he'd go to the doctor.

DandEMom
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 9:36 AM

what a tough kid fighting through it.  I bet if there was something actually broken, he definately would not be able to play, even if he were stubborn.  Maybe a fracture or sprain.  Either way, I wish for his sake he would have it checked out too!  I would be afraid that if he plays through an injury it would cause longer lasting damage.  Hopefully not the case here !

Quoting BostonHockeymom:

Adam had a game last night. He had one assist and they won 4-2. He's told me that he wants to play through this and refuses to get his arm looked at but I want to make sure he's ok, I don't know why he has to be so stubborn. I'd rather make sure it's ok and go on from there, if he needs to rehab it for awhile he can rehab it but he doesn't want to do it that way. I don't know how to make him go to the doctor at this point. He is so addicted to hockey that he won't give it up for a second and is probably scared that he broke it. I just wish he'd go to the doctor.

kaarina
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Sometimes you have to put your foot down, Mom. He is still a child. I know, hard to imagine that this big guy is still a child, but he is. If it were Matt, I would force him to go get it checked out whether he wanted to or not.

Quoting BostonHockeymom:

BostonHockeymom
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 11:01 AM

He's telling me it feels fine now and doesn't hurt anymore, I'm thinking to myself yeah right this is probably some cover up so he can get out of going to the doctor. I told him to stop being such a baby and go to the doctor and he keeps telling me it's fine he doesn't need to see a doctor. I'm going to keep getting on his case about it until he goes and gets it checked out. I'm about to force him to go but I don't know if that would even work.

Quoting kaarina:

Sometimes you have to put your foot down, Mom. He is still a child. I know, hard to imagine that this big guy is still a child, but he is. If it were Matt, I would force him to go get it checked out whether he wanted to or not.

Quoting BostonHockeymom:

kaarina
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Tell him that the Bruins players don't play injured. They get their injuries taken care of. If he has something minor, it can turn serious very quickly if he doesnt get it taken care of. It would be a shame if he had to end his hockey career early because he was too stubborn to go to the doctor. This is what I tell Matt.

BostonHockeymom
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I'm going to tell him that. I made him agree that he would go to the doctor. I made him an appointment for 3:00 and he's going. I'll tell him that we're going somewhere else and take him there.

Quoting kaarina:

Tell him that the Bruins players don't play injured. They get their injuries taken care of. If he has something minor, it can turn serious very quickly if he doesnt get it taken care of. It would be a shame if he had to end his hockey career early because he was too stubborn to go to the doctor. This is what I tell Matt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)