Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting re-married

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:28 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 240 Total Views

Two years ago I met this man at one of Danny's hockey games. We talked for the whole game and I gave him my phone number and told him to call me. So he called me and we met for lunch and have hit it off ever since. He goes to all of Danny's and Collin's games and has put down the money to put them through hockey. He has helped Danny become a much better player and Collin become a better goalie. They practice for hours together. He's a bit younger than I am he'll be 31 next month but that doesn't bother me at all, I just love how he has responded to my boys, he treats them like they are his kids and does everything with them, I love that and think it's great that he is helping them out in hockey because they both love the game of hockey, they eat it, breathe it and live it and have that hockey is life attitude. My oldest son and my fiancee have the same name so that is cool too, they are both Brian's. But I just can't get over how well he has helped both Danny and Collin in hockey. We're going to be moving out into the country looking for a house about 15 miles or so out of town and my fiancee wants to find a place where they can build an outdoor skating rink in the winter time. We haven't set a date for the wedding yet.

by on May. 2, 2010 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kaarina
by Group Owner on May. 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Congratulations! That is so great to find someone like that. Sounds like he's a keeper.

hockeymomsue64
by on May. 4, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Thanks. I'm so happy that I got to meet him. I didn't think we'd end up getting married but this is such a special guy to me now that I couldn't refuse. He was a hockey player in High School and played Junior hockey too so he knows the game pretty good.

kaarina
by Group Owner on May. 4, 2010 at 9:34 AM

No wonder he is such a big help to the boys in hockey! That's great! Oh, and best of luck on the search for your new home.

hockeymomsue64
by on May. 5, 2010 at 7:53 AM

I'll never forget when Danny and Collin met him for the first time. They talked hockey for over an hour together it has worked great. When I met him Collin had a problem with letting pucks go through his five hole, he has worked to correct that and doesn't allow as many goals through his five hole anymore, he covers it up nicely. Danny was having a problem with stickhandling and he helped Danny with that so all in all what a great hockey family we're going to be.

hockeymomsue64
by on May. 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM

He picked Collin up at school today and they went to Purani's Hockey World together. Collin needs new skates and my fiancee is buying them for him. We've been looking for a house but don't know which direction we want to go lol, we're looking for a place in the country with 4+ acres.

kaarina
by Group Owner on May. 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM

4 + acres around here would cost a fortune! A 20,000 square foot building lot costs at least $500,000 around here. That was nice of your fiancee to get Collin new skates. I bought Matt a pair a couple years ago for a little more than $600

hockeymomsue64
by on May. 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM

Around here it's not too bad. I think 4+ acres will run about $300,000 - $350,000 somewhere in there. He has really taken well to the boys and their hockey and I'm so happy about it. Collin had some old beat up skates that he was using that were my 21 yr old's old skates and my fiancee said let's get him some new skates so that's what they did.

Now our long weekend begins. Danny has a game tonight, two games tomorrow and one game on Sunday. His Sunday game is at 9am and Collin has a game on Sunday as well but his game isn't until 1pm. Collin has a game Sunday, practice on Monday, another game on Tuesday, practice on Wednesday, off Thursday and games next weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I asked him if he was going to be ok with that and he said that he's 13 years old and he'll be fine. The skates they bought cost $300 but my fiancee don't have any problem paying for it so that is nice.

3gr8tKids
by on May. 31, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Awesome. It just doesnt get any better than that! Good luck to you all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)