Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

casserole??

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:40 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 632 Total Views
anyone have a good casserole recipe they can share?  please help. 
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clbivins
by on Apr. 15, 2007 at 6:16 PM
My grandmaw used to cook egg noodles and in another pan cook hamburger meat.  When they were both about done she would mix some brown gravy up throw all of the ingredients into a caserol dish and bake it until it was bubbly.  You can also use velveeta cheese instead of brown gravy.
calmmom24
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2007 at 8:51 PM
i call this one enchillada casserole

it uses green enchillada sauce, jack cheese, chicken, and flour tortillas

boil desired amount of chicken with seasonings and onions(i usually do 4 breasts to feed 4-6 people)

shred chicken with fork when done

then layer in a baking pan tortillas, green sauce, jack cheese, and chicken repeating till ingrediants are used, finish last layer with sauce and cheese

--use desired amount of cheese and sauce to your taste...some like lots of sauce some like it more dry...if this is too vague let me know i make these recipes up and cook without measuring so let me know if you need help!

--Melissa
jacqueline1227
by on Apr. 16, 2007 at 5:39 PM
     corn dog cassarole

2 boxes of jiffy corn bread
8 hot dogs cut into safe size bites
shredded cheese

mix the jiffy cornbread according to directions on box
cut the hot dogs into safe size bites (usually tiny pieces) add to cornbread mix
pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish top with shredded cheese.
bake for 25-30 min @350 or until cheese is browned and toothpick comes out clean.

my kids love this one
gemmy612
by Member on May. 14, 2007 at 12:45 AM

Here's a really quick and easy one that my daughter LOVES!

Easy Hamburger Stroganoff
1 lb wide egg noodles, prepared and drained
1 lb ground beef
1 lg onion chopped coarsely
1 lg can mushrooms or about 1 C. fresh mushrooms sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. milk
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp each salt and pepper
2 tsp parsley and garlic powder

brown ground beef with onion.  drain; mix in soups, milk, sour cream.  Sprinkle in spices, mix in noodles and mushrooms.  Cook all together on low for 15 minutes.

gemmy612
by Member on May. 14, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Brown 1 lb Italian Sausage Links sliced into 1" sections with 2 TBS oil and one green or red bell pepper and lg onion both cut in strips until meat is done and veggies are tender.  Add 1 one 15 oz. can Italian Style diced tomatoes, and 15 oz can tomato sauce.  Sprinkle in 1 tsp each salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.

Prepare 1 lb pkg Penne Pasta; drain, toss in 2 TBS butter and 2 TBS parmesan cheese.  Toss into meat and sauce mixture, heat through for about 10 minutes.

Serve with a salad and french bread--meal in minutes!!

BekahAnne
by on May. 14, 2007 at 5:55 PM
Are you kidding?? i have lots!!
Baked Ziti

1lb ground beef
1 onion (opt)
1 big jar of pasta saouse
11/2 c of mozzarrella
3cup of uncooked ziti pasta
pstmrdsn yo ysdyr

cook onion and beef; drain off any fat.... stir in pasta sauce w/1/2of cheese and cooked noodles.. put in a 3q pan... 350oven 30min..

Its easy and good!! I like to have a salad and bread w.it....
bbeasely
by on May. 14, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Quoting gemmy612:

Brown 1 lb Italian Sausage Links sliced into 1" sections with 2 TBS oil and one green or red bell pepper and lg onion both cut in strips until meat is done and veggies are tender.  Add 1 one 15 oz. can Italian Style diced tomatoes, and 15 oz can tomato sauce.  Sprinkle in 1 tsp each salt, pepper, and italian seasoning.

Prepare 1 lb pkg Penne Pasta; drain, toss in 2 TBS butter and 2 TBS parmesan cheese.  Toss into meat and sauce mixture, heat through for about 10 minutes.

This sounds wonderful!
cinthiny
by on May. 15, 2007 at 9:16 PM
I just made an awesome sorta~kinda casserole.

Southwest Chicken Mac

Prepare 1 BOX KRAFT MAC AND CHEESE NORMALLY

In LARGE skillet,  brown 1 LB CUT UP (BITE SIZE) CHICKEN BREASTS in A COUPLE OF TEASPOONS OF OLIVE OIL.  Once chicken is browned, add 1 CAN OF ROTEL, 1 CAN OF DICED TOMATOES, and 1 CAN CONDENSED CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP (I like the 98% fat free kind).  Stir and cook on medium heat for five minutes.  Add the prepared mac n cheese, stir and sprinkle a couple of handfuls of shredded cheddar, mozzerella, or Mexican blend cheese on top.  Cook on medium for another few minutes and serve. 

Super delicious!  I served it with garlic bread and a big ol' salad!
gemmy612
by Member on May. 16, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Quoting bbeasely:
Thanks!!!
I actually came up with this one in a pinch... I was planning on having a friend over for lunch, so I'd prepared a lasagne the night before.  I put it in the oven about an hour before my friend was supposed to be over, and went about my every day "stuff"... about a half hour later, I noticed that I didn't smell my lasagne baking, and sure enough... I forgot to turn the oven on!!!!!!!!   Rather than make my friend wait for lunch, (and that all important cool down time so the lasagne doesn't run on top of it!) I came up with this recipe!  It worked well... went great with the garlic bread and salad that I'd already had prepared.  Talk about a "blonde moment!" LOL

Quoting gemmy612:

This sounds wonderful!
justamy
by on May. 25, 2007 at 4:50 PM
My mom use to make this and I have made it a few times
VERY EASY, VERY YUMMY!  I never measure anything.  I have 3 kids and try to prepare things as fast as possible.  this one is
CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE. 
you need:
sliced potatos - I use a slicer now, but i use to just slice them by hand-  I also keep the skins on - faster and healthier - wash them real good first.
ground beef
can of chedder cheese soup
onion or onion seasoning
salt and pepper

opptional -
chopped brocolli or anything else you want

start with a layer of potato's on the bottom of a two quart casserole dish then a layer of ground beef seasoned with onion, salt, pepper, and finish with another layer of potatos on top. empty the can of chedder cheese soup on top and any other cheeses you may like. and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 to 1 and half hours.  it sometimes takes longer.  stick a fork in it and see if your potatos are tender.  this was my moms recipe,  I like to but brocoli inbetween each of the layers with some mixed cheese.  The kids don't even know they are eating brocolli!  They claim they don't like it, so wont eat it otherwise.  I also like to have a vegetable with each dinner and this saves me from making an extra side. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)