Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

post them

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 442 Total Views
okay ladies I am stuck in a major rutt and i saw this in another group were they posted all ther favorite recipes they have like 141 recipes and they are all easy recipes 

Here is an easy peach cobbler recipe
!1 kage yellow can mix
1 can peaches
1 stick butter
layer peaches on bottom of pan
put dry cake mix over peaches and places butter in slices all over top of dry mix
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes then stir in butter may need aditional baking
to get  a nice bubbly golden brown top
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:10 PM
I actually tried this recipe a couple years ago using blackberries instead of peaches and it was called Blackberry Campfire Cobbler and it was in with recipes that you could put in the pot like you described, then stick on a grate over a campfire and cook like you said, about 15-20 minutes and then again till the crust starts to brown.  It really was pretty good!
by New Member on Apr. 15, 2008 at 6:44 PM
This sounds great I can not wait to try it.
by on Apr. 19, 2008 at 3:43 PM
What is kage yellow can mix?
by Group Owner on Apr. 20, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Quoting SweetLuci:

What is kage yellow can mix?
I think she meant 1 package yellow cake mix.... Since later in the recipe it says to spread it out over the peaches.
Create your own banner at!
by Member on Jun. 29, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Japanese Chicken Salad
1 head lettuce, shredded
1 bunch green onions, sliced
2 c shredded chicken meat
1 oz pkg slivered almonds
3 Tbsp poppy seeds
1 small can LaChoy Chow Mein Noodles
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. sugar
3 T. vinegar
3 tsp. Accent food enhancer
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Assemble salad in bowl.  Just before serving, whisk together dressing ingredients, pour on top, and toss.

Hamburger Stroganoff

1 lb hamburger
1 onion
16 oz package wide egg noodles, prepared and drained
8 oz carton sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
6 oz can mushrooms, drained
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Brown hamburger and onion together; brown.  Add other ingredients in large pot, heat through for 20-30 minutes over medium heat.

Parmesan Corn

1/2 cup mayonnaise
5 ears corn, husk and silk removed
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper 

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
Brush a thin layer of mayonnaise on each ear of corn. Sprinkle the corn with the Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Wrap each ear with aluminum foil and place on the grill. Grill, turning occasionally, until the kernels begin to brown, about 10 minutes.

1 lb hamburger
1 onion
1 green pepper
16 oz pkg elbow macaroni, prepared and drained
28 oz can diced tomatoes
2 c. tomato juice
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Brown hamburger with onion and green pepper, drain.  Add to other ingredients in large pot.  Heat through 20-30 minutes.  *Optional--I like to serve with shredded cheese (either cheddar or mozzarella) served on top while it's hot!

Bruchetta Chicken Bake

14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes
1 pkg chicken flavored stuffing mix
1/2 c water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
4 or 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 c shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place tomatoes with their liquid in medium bowl.  Add stuffing mix, water, and garlic; stir until stuffing mix is moistened.  Set aside.  Place chicken in 13x9" baking dish; sprinkle with basil and cheese.  Top with stuffing mixture, bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Amish Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

5 lg potatoes
2 1/2 c milk
1 c cubed ham
2 tsp butter
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp flour

Peel potatoes, slice thin.  Place half of potatoes in greased casserole dish, add half of other dry ingredients.  Add rest of potatoes, then remaining ingredients.  Pour milk over top and bake in 400 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.

Easy Herbed Chicken

3-5 lb chicken, cut up
3/4 c. Miracle Whip
3/4 c. Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Basil
Skin chicken and place in slow cooker.  Combine miracle whip, cheese, oregano, and basil.  Spread over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Crockpot Country Ribs

3 lbs country ribs
1 onion, sliced
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce

Throw all into crockpot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Crockpot Chicken and Dressing

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of celery soup
1/3 c. milk
1 pkg. stuffing mix with seasoning packet
1 2/3 c. water

Place chicken in slow cooker.  Combine soup and milk, pour over chicken.  Combine stuffing mix, seasoning packet, and water.  Spoon over chicken.  Cover, cook on low 6-8 hours.

Crockpot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
3 c. cooked, cubed chicken
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. crushed soda crackers
1/2 tsp. salt
dash pepper
8 sandwich buns
Combine chicken, broth, crackers, and seasoning in slow cooker.  Cover.  Cook on low 2-3 hours until mixture thickens and can be spread.  Fill sandwich buns and serve warm.

Easy BBQ Sandwiches

5 lb. beef roast
2 bottles chili sauce
1 quart jar dill pickles, undrained
Put in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high until juice starts to boil, then turn to low.  Cook 15 hours, mashing pickles while still in crock pot.  The beef will shred easily with a fork.
Serve on crusty rolls or buns.

Hash Brown Casserole

1 (2 lb) package frozen chopped hash brown potatoes
1 onion, chopped
1 c. melted butter
2 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. cheddar cheese, grated

Combine in greased casserole dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Eclair Cake

2 individual packages graham crackers
2 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (16 ounce) package prepared chocolate frosting

Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan with graham crackers. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Stir well. Stir in whipped topping to pudding mixture. Spread half of mixture over graham cracker layer. Top with another layer of graham crackers and the remaining pudding. Top all with a final layer of graham crackers.  Heat frosting in microwave until melted, pour over top.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.

Plains, Georgia Peanut Butter Pie

2 graham cracker pie crusts (I like to use the Oreo pie crusts instead sometimes!)
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
12 oz carton whipped cream

Blend peanut butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese together.  Fold in half of whipped cream.  Spoon into pie crusts, refrigerate.  Garnish with remaining whipped cream, chopped peanuts, chocolate shavings, or oreo crumbs.  Makes two pies.

Chocolate Oreo Pie

2 Oreo Cookie Crumb Pie Crusts
1 single serving pack Oreo cookies (by the candy bars at the store!)
1 box chocolate pudding mix
2 cups milk
16 oz carton whipped cream

Blend milk into pudding mix, fold in half of whipped cream.  Spread into crusts evenly.  Spread remaining whipped cream on top.  Crush Oreo cookies, sprinkle on top.

Jello Poke Cake

1 box any flavor cake mix, prepared
1 box any flavor jello
2 cups boiling water
8 oz. carton whipped cream

Cool cake.  Poke holes all over it with a fork.  Boil water, dissolve jello in it.  Pour over cake.  Cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, then top with cool whip. 

This is one of my all time favorite desserts, my favorite is yellow cake mix with strawberry-banana jello, but you can experiment and come up with all kinds of combinations!

Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake

14 1/2 can cherry pie filling
20 oz can chunk pineapple, 1/2 of juice reserved
18 1/4 oz yellow cake mix
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. melted butter
1 c. chopped pecans

Spread pie filling in a greased and floured 13x9" baking pan.  Top with pineapple and reserved juice.  Stir in dry cake mix and vanilla.  Drizzle butter over top, sprinkle with pecans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden.

by Member on Aug. 14, 2008 at 6:51 PM

I have made the first recipe and it is white or yellow cake mix and its good! I forgot all about it. ha ha its not the same as cobbler but its still yummy and the kids loved it!

You can make the same with a can or two of fried apples I get them at walmart and I add lots of cinnomon and sugar on top and then make as you would reg. and sometimes I make cheese cake instead and its good too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)