Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tough Cooking Question

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

I was at the store yesterday and I noticed that cooking wine is in with all the other cooking liquids ike vinegar and oil.  have a few ecipes that cll for cooking wine or sherry. If I get it in this area that specifically states it for cooking, am I able to buy it even if I am only 20?

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aggmom05
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:01 AM
It depends.  If it is truly cooking wine, it shouldn't be a problem.  If its an actual wine that has quite a bit of alcohol than no.  Most of the time the wined vinegars are really good too.  I don't think you'll have a problem buying cooking wine.
kmcjcd
by Member on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:02 PM
I think it depends on if any alcohol is present. To be honest cooking wine isnt all that great. If you have a recipe that specifically calls for cooking wine then great, but dont substitute it for regular wine in a recipe.
OPELOUSASANGEL
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 3:09 PM
if it states cooking wine then yes its in the grocery isle and no the liquor isle, b/c it only has a percenatge not enough to get you drunk
ladysixer
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:02 PM
I understand that you are underage, but I never cook with alcohol that I wouldn't drink.  I at least take a taste of to see if I like the flavor. Cooking it only concentrates the flavor. So I don't use "cooking wines".
hppyadri
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:37 PM
Don't buy cooking wine! It's better to get someone to buy you a bottle of a decent wine, maybe for about $10, and it will taste a lot better!!!
Whit32542
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 8:56 PM

Quoting hppyadri:

Don't buy cooking wine! It's better to get someone to buy you a bottle of a decent wine, maybe for about $10, and it will taste a lot better!!!

I had thought about this but i didnt want anyone to think i actually wanted to drink it lol. I have a couple recipes that call for wine or water.I always use water but i really think the wine would add a lttle more to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)