Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:38 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 881 Total Views
I was wondering if anyone knows a  good recipe for chicken? I usually make cheesy chicken Parmesan. But I was looking for something new. Any ideas will help. Thanks. Shea

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chenra
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 10:51 AM
My family loves Sweet & Sour Chicken and Rice.....but I don't like vegetables, so my version is very simple.  I buy the frozen, skinless, boneless chicken breasts at Wal-mart.......For my family I usually use about 3 chicken breasts (they're pretty big), dice the chicken and put into greased skillet (i just spray mine with non-stick cooking spray)......cook till chicken is done, drain.  I then add LaChoy Sweet & Sour Duck Sauce (the whole bottle).  Cook till heated through.  Before I do all of that, I start 3 cups of water to boil and make my rice so it can be sitting there soaking while I'm cooking my chicken.  I then serve it seperately for my kids (rice on one side of the plate and chicken on the other).  For my husband and I, I make a bed of rice in the center and pour the chicken over it.  It's VERY good.  I love sweet & sour chicken! 

girls 
gemmy612
by Member on Aug. 3, 2007 at 12:10 AM
Easy Herbed Chicken

3-5 lb chicken, cut up
3/4 c. Miracle Whip
3/4 c. Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp. Oregano
1 tsp. Basil
Skin chicken and place in slow cooker.  Combine miracle whip, cheese, oregano, and basil.  Spread over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 slices ham
8 slices bacon
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 c. sour cream
1 bunch green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Place each chicken breast on a slice of ham, then wrap with a bacon strip and place in slow cooker.  Combine soup, sour cream, and onions, pour over chicken.  Season with salt and pepper, cover, cook on high for 4-5 hours.

Supreme Chicken

1 chicken, whole or cut up
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/2 can water
1 c. sour cream
1 T. flour
1 can mushrooms, drained
Cooked rice or mashed potatoes
Put chicken in slow cooker.  Combine soup, soup mix, and water.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on high for an hour, then low for 8 hours.  Remove chicken 30 minutes before serving, skim fat from remaining soup and juices.  Add sour cream, flour, and mushrooms; heat for 20 minutes on high.  Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

Cranberry Turkey Breast or Chicken

1 c. hot water
5 lbs whole chicken or breast of turkey
1 1/2 oz pkg onion soup mix
16 oz can cranberry sauce

Pour hot water into slow cooker. Place chicken/turkey skin side up; set aside. Blend soup mix into cranberry sauce, pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce to low setting, cook 5-6 hours. Let stand briefly before slicing.

Chicken filled Cresents
1 5oz. can chicken -drained (or 1 cup cooked chicked, shredded)
1 3 oz. pkg cream cheese
1 tsp chopped pimentos
1 TBS sliced green onions with tops
dash of worcestershire sauce
1 pkg cresent rolls
Combine chicken with cream cheese, onion, pimentos & sauce. Separate the cresents; place a rounded TBS. in center of each. Fold up sides & pinch to seal. Bake at 400° on lightly greased baking sheet till golden, 8-10 minutes. Serve warm.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

1 pkg corn tortillas, warmed
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can green enchilada sauce
8 oz sour cream
8 oz Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese
4 oz can diced green chilies
4 diced fresh jalapeno peppers

Mix chicken and enchilada sauce.  Grease 9x13" baking dish; layer tortillas then sauce, chicken mix, other ingredients.  Cover with Monterrey or Pepper Jack cheese and back at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through, and cheese is melted.

Chicken Stuffed Shells

1 box large pasta shells, cooked and drained
2 c. cooked, diced chicken
1 box chicken stuffing mix
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 soup can milk
Prepare stuffing mix.  Mix in chicken and one can of cream of chicken soup.
Stuff into shells.  Place in casserole dish.  Mix soup and milk together, pour on top.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, covered.

Sweet and Tangy Chicken

1 T. Oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can tomato soup,  undiluted
2 T. vinegar
1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
1 T. brown sugar
8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained and 1/4 c. of juice reserved

Heat oil in skillet, add chicken and cook until golden on both sides, done in middle.  Drain.  Cut into cubes, stir in soup, vinegar, sauce, brown sugar, pineapple, and reserved juice.  Cover and simmer over low heat for 5-10 minutes until heated through and serve over rice.

Simple Homestyle Cooking

Simple Homestyle Cooking

Check out my group at CafeMom

Haute_Mama
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 1:48 AM
I'm going to reply to this so I can steal recipies and so I can find this post easily.

lol.

I support mothers who feed their children.

Mommy Gamer: and proud of it.

jmh91785
by New Member on Aug. 9, 2007 at 9:29 AM
I've posted this before but I can't remember what group so here it  is again I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.......tonight we are going to have it for dinner.  I like this recipe b/c you can substitute or add anything you want. 

Italian chicken:
Boneless/skinless chicken breast (enough for your fam)
Italian Dressing (zesty or regular)
onions
bell peppers (any color)
any herb or spice you like the dressing has a lot in it already but sometimes I add fresh parsley, black pepper, red pepper flakes....It's all about what you like.
Lemon (zest and Juice)

I take the chicken, peppers, onions (whatever else you plan to add...if you plan to use lemon DON'T ADD THE JUICE just the ZEST!!) and marinated it for at least 30min-1hr (i try to let it sit all day if I can)
I place mine in foil "boats" (foil just formed to hold the mix) making sure there is enough liquid and veggies in each one.  Then I add the lemon juice on it if I am using it at the time, and sometimes I add Parmesan cheese on top also.  Fold the foil up to keep everything in and bake at 350* until done.  (time will depend on the thickness of the chicken)

Like I said you can add just about anything you like and think would be good...growing up my mom added yellow squash instead of peppers but I don't care for squash we prefer peppers.  It's totally open to your liking.  Enjoy!!

Jagged
by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 7:57 PM
Here's a few.

Honey Mustard Chicken Strips.

Get some boneless chicken breast--I like to just buy the fillets it's easier. Cut it into fryable strips and pound it out so it cooks faster.
In a bowl mix about 1/4 cup honey dijon mustard and about 1/8 cup milk. (i just eyeball it)
And then have some bread crums or cracker meal set aside.

Get a skillet or bigger frying pan and put enough oil in there so it will not disappear within 5 minutes, add more as necessary throughout frying. Heat the pan to about medium heat.

Dunk the chicken into the mustard mix and then the breadcrums/cracker meal and then fry until golden brown on both sides. Approximately 7 minutes a side.

Theyre awesome.

You could also make chicken nuggets.

I get chicken breast and cut it into bite sized pieces. I mix in a bowl some flour, seasoned salt, and garlic powder--but you could add what ever you like. And I have a bowl of eggs that have been beaten.
you can fry them in a skillet. or you can deep fry them. I've done both and they turn out fine.

For a whole chicken: I like the citrus chicken I made.

Other than the chicken you will need:
A whole garlic.
Two oranges.
Two lemons.
Butter.
Salt & pepper.

Take whole chicken and remove all the stuff from the cavity.
Cut one of the oranges, and on of the lemons in half. Place them in the cavity. You may also cut the garlic in half and place them in the cavity. (you dont have to cut it in half though.)
You then need to loosen the skin on the chicken and place little slices of butter underneath it as well as a few slices of orange and lemon. I like to also rub the chicken in butter and lemon/orange juice and season it with salt and pepper.

Preheat the oven to 350 and cook for about an hour - an our and a half--or until the juices run clear.
causeimb
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 5:13 PM
Inside Out chx pot pie
1 can Campbells Cream of chx soup
1 package of chx breast( cut up)
frozen veges ( I use peas and carrots)
1package of biscuits

Season and brown chx
Transfer from skillet to oven ready pan
Mix the soup and veges into pan with chx( let bake @ 350 for 10 minutes)
Then place uncooked biscuits on top of mixture and let bake until biscuits are golden and ready.

We love this at my house, it's quick, easy and filling

Hope you enjoy it

tri-blessed
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 6:58 AM
My kids and I tried this one as a almost empty cupboard recipe and loved it. Now we make it as a regular, just in the mood for it recipe.

Boil your chicken (any pieces will do)
pull out of pan and let cool, pull off the bones and mix in tomato sauce, garlic, salt and mix really well, Put this over facasia (sp?) bread, potatoes or even rice. Then put cheese over the top and pop in microwave or oven if plates will handle it just a min to melt the cheese. It does not always sound the best at the sound of it but it is wonderful to taste.
Nikkilu
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Chicken Cacciatore

4 chicken thighs
2 chicken breasts with skin and backbone, halved crosswise
2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
1/2 cup all purpose flour, for dredging
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3/4 cup dry white wine
1 ( 28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons drained capers
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves

Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.

In a large heavy saute pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and saute just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, saute it in 2 batches. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the same pan and saute over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes for the breast pieces, and 20 minutes for the thighs.

Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the basil and serve.

It's great but I add cheese to the piece on my plate.

My2boys335
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 2:08 PM
     I do a cheesy chicken as well just a little different.

This calls for just however much you would like, cut skinless chicken breast into chunks, fry little oil not much until golden brown, in a cassarole dish seperate fresh cresent rolls and unroll, sprinkle chicken over then roll back up smear with cream of chicken soup and top with lots of cheese and bake for about fourty five min at 350 it's so easy and tasty I think anyway if anyone trys this let me know what you think?
Royalb
by New Member on Sep. 7, 2007 at 6:37 PM
Greek Chicken

2 whole chicken legs (legs and thighs)
1/4 cup oil  (I prefer olive oil, yeah, I'm Greek)
1/4 cup lemon juice
Oregano and pepper to taste

Mix together oil, lemon juice, oregano, and pepper. Mix real well.

Place foil on baking sheet, put in the chicken, and turn up ends (to hold in the juice)
Brush on mixture
Bake in oven at 350 until chicken is done, I usually baste once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)