Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swimming lessons??

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:13 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

Does anyone know a good place for swimming lessons?  Kaufman YMCA did them at Windmill Farms and Heartland last year, but apparently they are having a hard time getting someone to allow them to use thier pool this year, so I am looking for a good place to take my girls this summer without having to pay a registration fee for a YMCA.

by on May. 8, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Chick
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM

I know there are places in dallas, I googled it last year. We used the YMCA, try the one in terrell but they may be having the same problem bc they used the same pools you said. we went to windmill farms. Honestly, it wasn't worth the money. The instructor was terrible, the other moms and I complained about her and did get a better one but the class was so basic it was ridiculous, although I am sure if your child is scared of water, then it's a good thing. For Madison, she was bored to death and hated it, but she has always been a little fish, something to think about- how much your kid is already comfortable with the water and then ask what exactly they teach in the class for age group. Granted, Madison was only 3 at the time so a lot of 3 year olds may be scared of the water.

twinmom906
by on May. 8, 2009 at 7:02 PM

When I looked into swimming lessons last year at the Terrell YMCA, they did use those same pools.  But, to me, they are so inconvenient.  They need to have lessons in the evenings so working moms can take their kids too.  I would love something local (Kaufman County) and in the evenings to take my kids to.  My kids LOVE the water and swimming and their grandmother has a pool so I would like for them to know more.

CaseyRyansMom
by on May. 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I really wish they did have afternoon classes. Casey is scared of the water sometimes...just depends on his mood so it would be nice to put him in some classes, but they always have them during the day so we can never join. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)