Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 160 Total Views

We are thinking about going to Great Wolf Lodge (an indoor water park/hotel) here http://www.greatwolf.com/grapevine/suites/suites

Just for one night, because madison really wants to go to a water park but Tyler is so young, he hates the heat and it's too expensive to not go for very long. Staying there, I could leave john and madison to play at the water park and go back and forth to the room if needed. I want to be able to play with Madison too, but I will most likely have to be holding Tyler the whole time, he isn't big enough to enjoy any of it yet. So I am thinking of taking a babysitter, a teenager or someone who wouldn't mind taking tyler to the room to nap and helping with whatever else I need. In exchange for helping out, they would get to go for free and we would pay for all their meals/drinks, whatever is needed. But I can't really afford to pay for everything for that person and pay them for going. And I kinda think it would be fun enough for them anyway, that they wouldn't mind not getting paid. They would still get to go play when I have Tyler. I could give them $30 in case they want anything, I know that isn't much.  The room is  family suite with a semi private living room with a full size sofa bed, which is where the babysitter would sleep, it's got like a half wall between that and the other 2 beds in the room. Do you think that is a good idea or that the person would expect to get paid more?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
twinmom906
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I think that's a great offer.  I did stuff like that when I was a teenager.  Let me know if you need someone, my niece (13) would probably do it.  She babysits twins and helps out with her baby cousin all the time.  She's the only niece that I'd trust with a baby.

Kennedysmommy13
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:38 PM

i think thats great!! as long as you know someone who you trust to do it!! it would be fun for someone young!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)