Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to connect with other artist moms! :D

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 288 Total Views

Hello everyone!  I signed on to Cafe Mom in 2008 with not much results.  I moved in July with my husband and daughter (age 3) to Orange, CA and am hoping to meet other moms in my area not only to connect with other moms but to set up some playdates with our kids as well.  :D 

I'm currently entering my last semester at the Academy of Art University for Illustration, which is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time!  I stay at home with my daughter while my husband works doing preschool photography.  You can check out my work on my blogspot : http://www.taryndufault.blogspot.com.  My website is currently under construction.  :D

I'm not totally sure what to say on these things.  :P  But, I just wanted to send a shout out to anyone in the Orange, CA that's interested in getting our kids together and maybe even go out sketching sometime.  :D   

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamatoNandB
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2010 at 2:25 AM

I know you're already on my friends list, lol. I just wanted to say.. I checked out your art. IT. IS. AMAZING! I love how it's both beautiful and disturbing. I can totally see your art in a gallery. :) I am artistic as well, but I haven't painted in a looooong time. :( boo!

Carah

Proud lesbian mama to Braedan and Noah

Girlfriend to Emily (AKA the boys' EmdyMom!)

Tarynya
by Member on Jan. 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Thank you!  :D  Maybe we'll have to get together sometime and get you painting again!  :D 

Almitra29
by Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Hey there. I unfortunatly no longer live in your area, but am also seeking fellow artist moms online. I attended Art Institue of SoCal in Laguna beach in the 90's so I'm sure I'm a bit older. I formerly have been primarily a mural painter, but I wrote and illustrated my first book last year, and am now very much focusing my ambitions on my own books and maybe the occasional free-lance job. I lived in Cali for 10 years, my husband lived there most his life, we also lived in Costa Rica for nearly 4 years, my youngest was born there. I currently reside in Birmingham ALabama (yes it's miserable) and I am actively planning my families escape ;) We will be moving Westward this summer, but I'm not sure of our ultimate destination, it's about the journey.  Anyways, if you'd like to add me as a friend, that'd be nice. Here are some links to see some work:

My book (available on Lulu.com) http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n405/obiwan_cr/Tonight%20I%20will%20Fly

My portfolio (a little redundant, many pics from the book again) http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n405/obiwan_cr/HOberg%20Portfolio/

I really like your blog, I'm way behind the curve on that, I need to set one up. Do you like blogspot.com?, do they charge? Any tips in with that would be really nice

Well hope you have a great day/weekend. 

Sincerely,

Heather

Tarynya
by Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 11:57 AM

I really enjoyed looking at your work!  You have a great style for children's books!  :D  I didn't even realize Laguna had an art school!  I've only been there a couple times, it's the only place I've found a decent art supply store in this area.  I fell in love with Laguna and hope that someday we can afford to live there. 

Ooh, Alabama!  I've never been there, but I've heard from others it's not the greatest place to be.  I hope you have a great journey westward and who knows, maybe you'll end up back here. :P 

I especially love the first painting on your portfolio site!  What medium do you work in?  And yes, I love blogspot.  They don't charge and the site is easy to maintain.  I built my first website a couple months ago, but hate it already and just need to find the time to redo it.  A flash site is not easy to build or maintain, but it's good to know how to do it, I guess.  I had to for a class last semester, but I have to say, was it not for the class I would have just purchased a portfolio site from another domain.  :P 

Since you were an artist in this area for a long time I'm wondering if you have any suggestions on good places to go for drawing workshops or to meet other artists or just to go and look at some great art for inspiration.  :D 

I was nice to meet you and I look forward to talking with you again.  :D

Taryn

MamatoNandB
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 3:13 PM

That would be awesome :) I just wish my art was on the same level as yours!! Mine is mostly "whimsical" I enjoy spirals and bright colors and stuff.. that's for my painting. Sketching is usually black and gray with some red to POP. It's mostly abstract. :) Still, I wish I had your talent!

Quoting Tarynya:

Thank you!  :D  Maybe we'll have to get together sometime and get you painting again!  :D 

Carah

MamatoNandB
by New Member on Jan. 29, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Your murals and pieces gave me goosebumps :) I especially loved "La Sirena." WOW! "Persephone" was also gorgeous.. as well as the very first with the woman with flowers in her hair.. just WOW!

Quoting Almitra29:

Hey there. I unfortunatly no longer live in your area, but am also seeking fellow artist moms online. I attended Art Institue of SoCal in Laguna beach in the 90's so I'm sure I'm a bit older. I formerly have been primarily a mural painter, but I wrote and illustrated my first book last year, and am now very much focusing my ambitions on my own books and maybe the occasional free-lance job. I lived in Cali for 10 years, my husband lived there most his life, we also lived in Costa Rica for nearly 4 years, my youngest was born there. I currently reside in Birmingham ALabama (yes it's miserable) and I am actively planning my families escape ;) We will be moving Westward this summer, but I'm not sure of our ultimate destination, it's about the journey.  Anyways, if you'd like to add me as a friend, that'd be nice. Here are some links to see some work:

My book (available on Lulu.com) http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n405/obiwan_cr/Tonight%20I%20will%20Fly

My portfolio (a little redundant, many pics from the book again) http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n405/obiwan_cr/HOberg%20Portfolio/

I really like your blog, I'm way behind the curve on that, I need to set one up. Do you like blogspot.com?, do they charge? Any tips in with that would be really nice

Well hope you have a great day/weekend. 

Sincerely,

Heather

Carah

Imamom4sure
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Gosh, I used to live in Southern CA and occassionally make my way back, but don't yet know when my next trip will be. presently I'm in FL

hope you meet folks soon,

kim:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)