Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself Here!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2007 at 1:31 AM
  • 206 Replies
  • 4096 Total Views
Welcome to a group that I hope will be well used by us mothers and where we can share our concerns/experiences/work with each other in support and acquisition of knowledge regarding ALL art mediums.

My name is Selene and I have a two-year-old daughter. I am a Theatre Administrator for a Downtown Los Angeles theatre company, Latino Theater Company (www.latinotheater.com); an Advisory Board Member to a small teatro in Boyle Heights (www.casa0101.org); and a Director/sometimes Writer.

I hope to see and learn more from other moms out there that are trying to balance the hectic yet rewarding life of an Artist Mother!

Besos,
S
by on Feb. 7, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.E
by on Feb. 7, 2007 at 8:34 AM
Hi my name is Kirstie. I am a stay at home mother to 2 boys ages 8 & 9. I used to be very active in art and theater. Now I mostly paint when I get a free moment. I tried to set up a studio in my basement but thus far I have found it difficult to find the time to get down there and paint. Hopefully I will be able to get down there soon!!!
ArtzyMomma
by on Feb. 7, 2007 at 3:40 PM
HELLO!
I am looking for another group but I will try & join all the art related ones!!!

Check me out!
http://melzn2art.bravejournal.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=19364

Thanks!
bethanystardust
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Hello moms! It's good to see you!! It's been hard to find moms really into "art" as opposed to "crafting". There is a very fine line I think. Not that I don't craft, it's just different. KWIM?

Anyway, about me:

Married SAHM of 2 boys, 7 & 2
Mediums: charcoal (mostly), pencil, acrylics

I haven't produced much in the last few years. Having two kids along with all my other commitments has really hampered that. Not to mention I've been dealing with a painful wrist condition for about 2 yrs now. I'm just trying to transition my artistry into other things in my life to get that outlet.

I'm looking forward to talking to you all! It might just be the motivation I need to MAKE time to create!

Bethany
RebelMom
by on Feb. 10, 2007 at 2:58 AM
Hello, my name is Marianne or RebelMom. I'm a freelance photographer and digital artist. I'm also a stay at home mom with 2 little ones aged 3 and 10.5 months. I guess you could call me a struggling artist. I'm hoping to be discovered in the near future! I've sold a few photos and hope to focus more on my art as the kids get older.
blueargyle
by on Feb. 13, 2007 at 10:26 AM
Howdy, I'm Cherry.  Mom to two boys, 3 and 7.  I'm a jack of all trades and master of none but lately I am addicted to anything graphics related.  I suppose it is natural since I love paper and they co-exist well.  I guess it keep my out of the store for supplies.  Even found objects that need altering somehow end in a trip to the store and my teeny little studio is closing in on me as it is.  I have owned a wedding business for 7 years and I am starting to get more into the stationery for other events.  More about my doing here but sadly none of my personal art or projects are portfolio'd.  Shame on me.

http://blueargyle.blogspot.com/

www.blueargyle.com

www.chicweddingessentials.com
maribttrfly
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2007 at 6:41 PM
hey i am a mom and a artist well when i get a free moment to draw
i am 26 yrs old and i love to draw all sorts of things
i have 2 little girls who are 6 and 2
i never have really showed any of my work so i am a little apperansive about sharing
so if u have any questions please feel free to message me and i look foward to talking to u ladies
mari

Janae
by on Feb. 16, 2007 at 9:41 PM
I'm Janae.  Married, in St. Louis, a new stay at home mom to my 3 mo old, Nola.  My husband and I met working in an art supply store.  We both used to paint and draw and create all the time.  Eventually we both got jobs in the non-art world and our creativity slowed.  Then we got married, bought a house, had a baby... and realized that we hadn't busted out the paints in a LONG time!  With a 3 mo old I haven't yet found the time to get back into my painting or writing but it's one of the things I am really looking forward to.  I'm hoping to get inspired here to get painting again.  I mostly work in acrylics.  I loved working in oils but acrylics were so much easier to use and now I love them just the same.

That's about it I guess.... looking forward to this group.
artlynks
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Felicitations!
My name is Lynda. I have an Art Studio  ( Artlynks ) in Galloway twp, NJ , I am just preparing to open as a store front.  Not quite  redy yet....but it is exciating with three children in tow...lol
Art is my passion... As well as my kids, so we are blessed!
Please check out Artlynks.com to find out more about it.
Hope we can become great friends!

Peace
,LKS

GloryBe21
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2007 at 11:51 AM
Hi There...

I am Zoey. I am a single stay at home mom of 2 little boys. Brody (3) and Gabriel (3 months)  I paint every single day and make different crafts. I hope to start something with my art sometime soon.  I love painting. I am really into Oil on Canvas and watercolors...

huck22
by on Feb. 24, 2007 at 2:52 PM
Hello All, Chrissy Here. I am an actor and a theatre founder. I run my own company and find it wonderful to do so with a 2 year old and one on the way. Often you may find me in the wings at rehearsals nursing a child...which, I haven't done in quite some time now. I look forward to the group for advancing my company and helping any of you with ideas as well!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)