Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourself Here!

Welcome to a group that I hope will be well used by us mothers and where we can share our concerns/experiences/work with each other in support and acquisition of knowledge regarding ALL art mediums.

My name is Selene and I have a two-year-old daughter. I am a Theatre Administrator for a Downtown Los Angeles theatre company, Latino Theater Company (www.latinotheater.com); an Advisory Board Member to a small teatro in Boyle Heights (www.casa0101.org); and a Director/sometimes Writer.

I hope to see and learn more from other moms out there that are trying to balance the hectic yet rewarding life of an Artist Mother!

Besos,
S
by on Feb. 7, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Replies (201-206):
mawaga
by on Feb. 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Hello my name is Jamie.  I am 31 years old with three beautiful children that are 9, 6, and 2.  I married the most amazing man in the entire world in 1998 after being together for 6 years prior.  We met in kindergarten.  David and my children are my entire world.  Without them I would be lost.

Strawbanana
by on Mar. 13, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Well I have been in and out lately... I thought I should re-introduce myself. I have been so busy getting the studio opened, and working on the business side of that and family... I have been a little flat with my art. To many things on the plate, funny how art is the first to drop *sigh* But I have made some updates to the website: www.shelleyhuff.com thanks everyone

mommabear123
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Hello everyone. My name is Angela and I am also an artist mother of 3. I am self taught and have been doing this for over 10 years. My favorite subject to draw is people. I work in pencil, pastel and oil paintings. I am also an illustrator and just illustrated my first 5 children's books. With 3 children and a husband I try to work in my art mainly during nap time after lunch. Drawing portraits is such a stress reliever for me and I love it. I recently drew a 24x30 pencil portrait of the winning family for abc's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition:) So exciting. It's great to find other artist mom's to talk to. Nice to meet you all.

Portraits by Angela Mingledorff

www.artwanted.com/angelamarie

kidgerlach
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hi my name is Kim.  I've been painting for years but I'm just trying to turn it into a business. 

JanaBrooke1987
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2011 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a 24 year old mother of two beautiful little boys ages 3 and 4. I am a visual artist, specializing in Abstract, Conceptual, Representational and Mixed Media art. I began painting a few years ago with my children and never stopped. I enjoy the creative expression of artwork and find that artwork is a great calming technique and helps provide your body, mind and soul with a sense of balance in the chaotic world of parenting, career goals, educational goals and basic life stressors. I currently have a private in home studio which is also for Initial Consultations and Art Pick Up for custom artwork. I show in local exhibitions, shops and galleries. Including being a fulltime mother and artist, I am also a fulltime student about to ocmplete my second degree and am also a Pflag Represenitive.

Ziptango
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Hello everyone.
I am a 26 stay-at-home mom with a 3-year-old toddler. I hope to get back to college soon and finish my graphic design degree. Freelance art at home with a toddler crawling all over you is HARD. I'm deteremined to never give it up though no matter how hectic family life gets. I've mostly been dabbling with artist trading cards to keep my skills sharp. Hopeing to meet some cool chicks out there that like art and kids like me. Here's a little bit of my work:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)