Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DRs Appt

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

Hi there! So, I had my surgery back in November 2008. Recently, I've been getting really bad attacks.

I made a drs appt with my surgeon because he told me to come back to him if I still had problems. So, I went in on Thursday. He was a total jerk to me. I told him that I've even been getting attacks in the mornings when I stretch. I didn't think that was normal, so that's why I asked. He said that it's not my gall bladder but he doesn't know what it is. It feels exactly like the gall bladder attacks that I had when I still had my gall bladder. Just as extreme and everything.

So, now I go in for a Contrast CT Scan this Thursday to find out what's going on. I'm nervous.

Have any of you had this before, the attack when you stretch?? If so, what was it for you?

Thanks!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jacinda1771
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM

I don't know what it could be, so here's a bump for ya! I have some pain in my side off and on since I had mine taken out last July. My pain is from my liver, they don't know why the blood tests show my liver count is low. My pain isn't the same as yours tho. I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon!

caseyjayme
by Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Yeah, AND... the DR said all my blood tests came back normal, so that's why I go in for a CT Scan. Idk what's wrong with me.   :(

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
mommynunez1980
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I'm sorry You are still having pain.

I had pain underneath the insision sight (were I had the pain for the gall stones), for a long long time and I was scared they had left a surgical instrument inside my stomach. It finally went away over time.

I heard from someone else that you can still get stones w/o your gallbladder. I hope you next dr.'s appointment goes okay. 

~Michelle~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)