Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Team Turnover?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 372 Total Views

Just curious if this is just in our area or if it is all over.

My dd started with a new team after fall ball this year. There were three girls that left this team after fall ball was completed and another one left this last week. Of the four, three were core girls that had been with the team since the beginning.

I got to looking at other teams my daugther has played on - two of them only have two of the girls that were on the teams when she was there - and one she has only been gone from for a year! Do you experience this in your areas as well?

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
monshine2
by Member on Feb. 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM

It's normal... Happens here quite a bit to from what I've seen

travelteammom
by Member on Feb. 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Hi KSMOM23,

My daughter has been playing Travel Softball for 3 years now and there is a lot of turnover this time of the year.   When it gets closer to Nationals (summer), that will stop.  The teams will be pretty much set and gearing up to compete for the chance to go to Nationals.

There are many reasons that people change teams.  Our 1st year in Travel my daughter played on 2 different teams.  She actually left Travel for part of a season becasue of an injury.  When she went back to Travel, she went to a different team that won the 12U ASA Nationals.  It really does pay to do your research about the teams that you are considering for your daughter.  There is a really good message board that is both funny and informational in Southern California called HeyBucket.  There are other Message boards out there that can help too.

Good Luck!

Jackie Brown
Travel Team Mom
Helping Parents with Travel Team Expenses

www.TravelTeamzWin.com

smfox
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:42 PM

My daughter plays on the youth league and we see the turnover because of the girls birthdays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)