Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to group

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:36 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

Hello,

My name is Shelley. I have a 16 year old daughter, Adena.  She is a Junior this year. She's a pitcher.  Last year, her JV team went undefeated.  She played on three summer leagues last year, but this year, she's going to be on a tournament team so she will only be on one other team.  Her dad is the coach which makes it tough.  I love watching her play, but I'm not looking forward to High School softball.  The varsity coach is a jerk and there are so many politics involved...it's just not fun for her. I'm sure it's the same at all of schools.  It's just so darn aggravating.

Shelley

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
4girlsforme
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Hi Shelley! Welcome to the group. My name is Sarah and I have four girls, ages 12-7-5 and 4. My three oldest play softball. My oldest plays Travel Ball, and my 7 and 5 year old are on a sister combo 8U rec ball team. Although, my girls aren't at a high school level yet, I'm sure we will experience the same thing.  I know what you mean about her dad being her coach, its very frustrating from a mom's standpoint.  I finally told my hubby, NO MORE COACHING.  Good luck to your daughter this year!

dalresq1
by on Jan. 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM

It would "kill" my husband if I told him that.  The other girls love him and he is great with them, but he's harder on Adena.  Conditioning has started and the coach has passed out the schedule.  We are hoping for JV because she doesn't like the varsity coach.  He uses his "ace" pitcher every game so Adena would get to play on varsity anyway.

Shelley

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)