Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good News!

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

I am off my bp meds (again).  I went to the doc appt this morning, and he gave me the Ok, to stay off them.  To monitor it well, eat healthy, maintain weight.

My goal is to loose another 10 lbs.  I am currently the highest BMI score for the "normal range".  So if I would loose another 10lbs, that would put me in the middle range.  I figure this would give me a good 'cushion' for maintianing good bp.  Plus my hope is if I got pregnant again, I could only gain 30 lbs and maybe this time, stay under range for my bp spiking and being put on bedrest!  ***crossing fingers***

Thanks ladies for all your advise, insight, knowledge!  I need a support system and still do!  I have to really focus on staying healthy now.  I think it is easy to get to this point and just let go again, because I met my goal.  But I really have to focus. 

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
liss05
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Congrats on the good news Hopefully I will get there whats your secret??way to go

MumFerg
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Thanks!!!  I thought it would be impossible!  But the DASH diet, and getting a normal BMI score was the secret for me.  Once I hit 'normal' range for my BMI my bp dropped.  I guess,  I am always going to have to be very lean to be able to stay off Bp meds.  Which is going to be a life long challenge!

Quoting liss05:

Congrats on the good news Hopefully I will get there whats your secret??way to go

margaretandem
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Congratulations and keep up the good work.  Being consistent and maintaining your progress is the key.  It really is easy to forget what you've done.  Maintain the healthy mindset that you have.

Margaret Andem, LCSW

famousamos5
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Wow!  That is so awesome for you!  And a great inspiration for me!  I've been following the DASH diet for a short time and can already fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in 3 years.  It's a great feeling.  Not sure I'm ready to be off meds yet though.

Keep up the great work - your New Year is off to a fab start!

Amy

MumFerg
by on Jan. 5, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Congrats on the jeans!!!  That is awesome.  I really like the DASH diet, i think it suites my personality well.  Which is good because it works and is good for me!  LOL!  

Well, keep up your good work and hopefully you will be joining me soon in celebration!

Quoting famousamos5:

Wow!  That is so awesome for you!  And a great inspiration for me!  I've been following the DASH diet for a short time and can already fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in 3 years.  It's a great feeling.  Not sure I'm ready to be off meds yet though.

Keep up the great work - your New Year is off to a fab start!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)