Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stetching

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 77 Total Views

Please don't forget to stretch after you workout, especially if you do crunches.

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Group Owner on Dec. 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM
A stretch beforehand is a good warm up, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blueyedbaker
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 2:52 PM

That is probably one thing I always never do, I even fast forward through the warm ups on my workout DVD. I know it's bad. I teach it in my gymnastics class but don't follow it at home!

Lydlou02
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of stretching after crunches. What kind of stretches would be good for that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM
I was forced to do it with cheer leading and have done it since. You lay on the floor with you belly on the floor. You then put your arms under you and push up. It stretches your stomach. I do it mid crunches too because it loosens everything up so I can keep going.

Quoting Lydlou02:

I don't think I've ever heard of stretching after crunches. What kind of stretches would be good for that?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Oh, like a seal?

Quoting purpleducky:

I was forced to do it with cheer leading and have done it since. You lay on the floor with you belly on the floor. You then put your arms under you and push up. It stretches your stomach. I do it mid crunches too because it loosens everything up so I can keep going.

Quoting Lydlou02:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purpleducky
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep

Quoting Lydlou02:

Oh, like a seal?

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting Lydlou02:

jen2150
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I stretch before and after crunches.  I also warm up my muscles before every stretch.  You should never stretch with cold muscles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)