Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over eating

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 63 Total Views

Any tricks to help with over eating. I hate that full feeling but just can't stop until I'm stuffed sometimes, and it's only with dinner I do this and it's not all the time I don't get it. I know I've heard that if you use a smaller plate and only put so much on it it'll trick your mind or something. Any tips?

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
iknitsweatersyo
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM
What i do is drink a big glass of water about five or ten minutes before eating. It helps me from overeating :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Keeping a food diary helps. Write down everything you eat, and how much. Do this for a whole week, without making any intentional diet changes ( some ppl find themselves snacking less because they just don't want to write it all down,)
At the end of the week go to one of those food tracking websites like myplate.gov (used to be mypyramid.gov) enter all the amounts and see what your overall diet looks like.
Gotta go now, but I'm not finished. If you wanna hear more like this to remind me to come back later, okay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Group Owner on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I do the small plate thing. Also, use measuring cups to figure out an actual portion size. Not all the time but just so you can see what it should be. Then serve yourself proper portions. After you've eaten a portion wait awhile before serving more. Drink a big glass of water. If you're still hungry eat more of the veggie or fruit in the dish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)