Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dr is worried cause im not gaining any weight

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

i told him i was already fat i didnt need any extra. had a sonogram today. the baby weighed in at 14oz. he said that was about a week behind. they are going to do another sonogram next month to make sure the baby is growing properly.

the baby was not cooperating very well. the tech thought it was a baby girl. but couldnt get a full frontal. got a between the legs look from the rear.

my husband missed the sonogram blamed it on me not giving him directions. i told him how to get there last night apparently he wasnt listening or it wasnt important. i am so pissed at him.

boy on a swingshooting photowearing crownpregnant belly

Calvin David        Photo Freak              Kasi Lynn          Baby

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bambi5826
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Awwwwee.

Sorry to hear about the bad day. I'm sure everything will be moving along with baby, they just get stubborn sometimes!

As for hubby.....*sigh* men. What shall we do with them?

Stefanie83
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM

sorry your hubby missed it :(  i am a big skeptic of those ultrasounds saying baby is small.  how many weeks are you?  it's really normal not to gain in the first trimester.  good luck and sorry about the bad day.

weaveress
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I'm 23 weeks. So I'm almost done with my 2nd trimester.

boy on a swingshooting photowearing crownpregnant belly

Calvin David        Photo Freak              Kasi Lynn          Baby

onix
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 3:18 PM

With my DD I ended up 20 pounds less then my starting weight, boy was I mad when I gained it back.  I wasn't dieting or having any problems and I ended up with a new job and commute so I didn't really ever exercise.  Hubby & I were getting really worried about it but I had 2 doctors and 1 NP tell me that some women lose weight and some of it is because they are eating healither foods which is what I was doing.  My SIL gained 80 pound and developed GD because she ate whatever she felt like and I didn't want me or DD to have any complications.  Also all the dates that we use in pregnancy are estimates, generally, so personally I wouldn't worry about a week.  Right now I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of my actually date but both baby and I are healthy and that's the bottom line.  If there were really problems I'm sure that they would be making huge fusses over you.  That being said I hope everything stay nice and quiet for you and there are no complications.

As to the hubby thing, what can I say ... Men!

Lilypie

Get your free online pregnancy calendar from WhatToExpect.com
Bambi5826
by on Nov. 18, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Welcome to the group Anna. I'm glad to see you want to be active here,, however I don't think it is appropriate to call someones doctor stupid or any other choice of swear words......

ChesterGirl
by Member on Nov. 19, 2009 at 3:36 PM

I have actually lost around 20 pounds cents I got prego . The doctor hasnt said much , just asked if Im eatting well (which I am) and those kinds of things . Im a very active person (which has gotton me put on bed rest twice in this pregnancy) and I guess the baby just helps burn up all my calories . He's growing fine and looks good and healthy on U/S . If you are not gaining bc you are not eatting like you should , you HAVE to change that !!!! You cant starve your baby bc you are worried about a few extra pounds !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)