Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bad baby.

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 220 Total Views

So at 12 weeks, my midwife couldn't detect a heartbeat so after promising not to be worried, I changed my mind and had an ultrasound - baby was just fine!

Today, I went back for my 16 week appt. I was sure the heartrate would be detected easily but she STILL couldn't find it. She must have looked for at least 30 minutes. She told me to come back at 6 (after the last patient had left) so she could take her time and look some more. I think it was bothering her more than me at this point. She did say that she could hear the baby kicking around.

I showed up at 6:00 and crossed my fingers. She searches way down low, moves up slowly, going nice and slow, then down low again - but the only heartbeat she gets is mine. After about 30 minutes of this, she says that she will order another u/s.

She tries one more time...and she finally finds that little stinker!!

I swear that baby was hiding from us.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ChesterGirl
by Member on Dec. 17, 2009 at 6:52 AM

Probably so !! Little buggers are smarter than we think . LOL . Im 7months along and I feel him move ALL THE TIME , as soon as someone else wants to feel , he freezes !! I swear he know's the difference my touching my belly and someone else . lol .

annaica
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM

lol!  Shouldn't be having trouble much anymore now that he/she is getting bigger!  Can't run away anymore! 

autumnsmommy02
by Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Yup you're in trouble ... you got yourself a mightly stubborn one ... That or a practical joker! LOL 

Glad she was able to find the heartbeat it's always music to the ears!:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)