Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discovery Health program I'm Pregnant and... looking for plus size women giving birth in March or April

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 1423 Total Views

My name is Michele and I work on a program you may be familiar with that airs on Discovery Health Channel called I'm Pregnant and...

The show airs Tuesday nights at 9:30pm. The program has been very successful so we have been asked to gear up for a second season.

We are doing outreach for the second season and on topic we are looking to cover is the impact of obesity while being pregnant. We are currently looking to profile a woman who is giving birth somewhere around March or April.

Each episode is a half hour long and is sort of split into three parts, pre-birth and backstory, the birth, and the follow up after the birth.  We will financially compensate the person chosen for the program.

If you are interested in finding out more about the program and possibly participating please send an email to mspinak@sirensmedia.com

Thanks!

by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sweetjessa
by Member on Feb. 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM

wish I hadn't just gave birth my story would have gotten you ratings scary obese and diabetic birth issues

Simply_Janeen
by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Yeah, that was kind of one of the questions I had there. Last pregnancy I was the same weight. I had NO weight-related complications. I did end up with a cesarean but it was due to DD's position when I went into labor. Pretty uneventful until the actual birth day.

Now this one is a little more interesting not due to any complications (so far) but because I'm trying for a VBAC, I'm currently in South Korea, and I'm trying to get home to have a VBAC which very well could end up being a homebirth (long as I don't develop any complications, of course). So, lot of drama but nothing particularly scary yet.

Janeen

Wife to John since 2003, Mom to Natalie (4), and expecting number 2 July 2010.

417mamabear
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 5:47 PM
I am due the beginning of feb. 4th pregnancy...will be 3rd birth. In past have had gest diabetes....preg induced hypertension. I'm manager of a large financial company, so weight and stress play a huge part!! Overall, healthy babies!!! Thank God!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjs_momma3307
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Im looking to be due in march :)

DixieFlower
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 11:05 AM

:( I will be having this LO in November.

genemommy09
by New Member on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM

im due in May 

Lisi2571
by on Nov. 16, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I'm due the beginning of May.  I'm obese (size 26) and going to be 40 in about 3 months.  I'm almost 15 weeks preganant now.  I've had 4 miscarriges in the last 3 years all of them started out fine and every time I wa told things were going good I ended up losing them.  I was pregnant with twins in this pregnancy had some issues at 9 weeks but was told everything was fine.  Went for a sonogram at the perinatologist office at 11weeks and 6 days....lost the twin.  I was put on 1 week bedrest to make sure the one that remians was not under stress.  Went to ob/gyn yesterday and the hearbeat of this baby still sounds perfectly healthy.  I have no clue what the road is ahead of us with my weight issue even though I'm fairly a healthy person.

JessicaRabbitx
by on Jun. 15, 2011 at 6:57 AM

hi so was ur post posted last  year how did it go x x

Caitiedoll
by Member on Oct. 26, 2011 at 10:34 PM

March or April? Well darn, im due May 1st haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)